𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧

My Dearest
Chapter four

    "My white top Pete, my brand new white blouse that I bought in Venice! It's an abomination!"    "Oh get over it Ella I'm sure Minnie or Poppy have ways to get stains out, now please shut your trap and explain transfiguration to me! I need to p...

    "Oh get over it Ella I'm sure Minnie or Poppy have ways to get stains out, now please shut your trap and explain transfiguration to me! I need to pass this test next week" Peter whined as he slide his practice exam in front of his sister and tapped on the table to gain her full and undimmed attention.
    "Fine! one last thing, Potter is a dead man next time I see him" she continued causing Peter to bang his head against the table out of frustration 0f having to listen to the same conversation three thrives now.
    "ELEANOR!"
    "Ok! ok! it's not that complicated"

    The two sat in the comfortable silence of the library as Eleanor tutored her brother on the various topics he was already falling behind in even though it was only his first day of the term.
    Peter wasn't very good at school the processing part of school, not that he was dumb, but learning in a class setting just wasn't his strong suit. Being around people and learning at the same time was something he never excelled in, but from an outsider's perspective, Peter was one of the smarter Marauders.
    Eleanor had a much easier time with the lessons portion of the class, she could pertain the information and apply the knowledge in class. But she was an amazing procrastinator, grade A in getting out of homework and pushing her assessments till the last minute.
    That's why the twins always worked better as a pair when it came to studying, every day just before dinner the two of them would meet in the library and help each other with their struggles, it was a bonding thing that they had come up with in their third year after coming to the realization that the things they struggled with the other excelled in. Ella could teach her brother and help him get a better understanding. While Peter keeps his sister on track, makes sure she stayed in line and on top of her essays and assignments.

    "Hello, Pettigrews" a quiet voice called out from behind them.
    James Potter came and sat down next to the blonde girl, his books already spread across the table joining them in their studying session. Ella rolled her eyes dropping the content look that was previously on her face, she quickly packed away her books and parchment into her bag ready to make a run for it.
    She looked next to her at Potter who cheekily smiled at her, a short groan left her lips before excusing herself from the table being careful not to make too much noise.
    "I will see you tomorrow Pete have fun studying," Eleanor said ruffling his hair in a way that she knows annoys him and then walking away from the table as quickly as possible.

    "What did I do now?" James exclaimed causing Madame Pince to shush him dramatically.
    "Oh you know Eleanor, your existence bothers her, plus you ruined her new top with your coffee this morning. She referred to you as 'a dead man' so I'd watch your back for a little while Prongs" Peter let out a chuckle, and he pats the curly-headed boy on the shoulder as a sort of sorry before he returned back to his essay.
    "Holy shit, I'm gonna die!" James shrieked causing everyone in the library to turn their attention to him.

    "Who's dying," a deep voice said from behind the pair.
    "Prong made Ella angry" Peter said with a smile as his eyes met Sirius' and Remus'.
    "You poor bloke, what did he do this time?" Remus whispers, taking a seat and pulling out his potions book.
    "He stained a shirt she bought in Venice, it was white" both the boys went wide-eyed and had contagious-looking smiles on their faces as they watched James cover his face with his hands, nearly accepting his fate right there and then.

    "I know, she's gonna use an unforgivable on me" James whispered very quietly.
    "Just send a letter to Mum, she'll know how to fix it, plus she loves Eleanor so I'm sure it won't be a bother, why wouldn't she want to help her future daughter-in-law?" Sirius said with a grin.
    "That's rather smart Pads, when did you get a brain- did you say, daughter-in-law?" James questioned looking at a smirking Sirius.

    "Tell me with complete honesty that you wouldn't date Ella."
    "I wouldn't date Eleanor" all the boys looked at him unconvinced, "I'm serious, I've never seen Ella that way. We've always just disliked each other, there's nothing else to it really. plus that would be weird, it's Peter's sister that feels illegal"

    "Honestly, I wouldn't really mind if you dated her, I trust you and I can't control her decisions" the blood shrugged and let out a laugh, " plus it would get the both of you off my backs.
    Remus smirked as he watched Sirius' jaw drop with each sentence leaving peter's mouth, "but it would have to be with good intentions, I don't want to see her hurt, and I especially don't want you to be all hung up on lily while you're with Ella." Peter said shrugging causing the two other boys to turn to him wide-eyed.

    "did you just-"

    "That's the thing! I still like Evans!"
    "Not love?"
    "Also it's really starting to hurt knowing that you think so little of me Wormtail, I'm a gentleman I don't play women," James said dramatically gaining a smack in the back of the head from Remus causing him to shut up.

    "He just gave you permission to date the hottest girl in our house and you insult his judgement, HAVE YOU NO SHAME!" Sirius shrieked causing everyone in the library to shush him.
    "YOU TWO OUT OF THE LIBRARY THIS INSTANCE!" Madame Pince shrieked pointing at James and Sirius, "Peter and Remus, dears feel free to stay as long as you feel" she said going soft and then returning to scolding the two others.