𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

My Dearest
Chapter six

    Eleanor slept peacefully under the warmth of her embroidered comforter, but a peaceful morning was never quite the outcome in the girl's dorm

    The September sun now fully filled the room, the room illuminated with gold as the morning sky seeped into the night. Short quiet snores disrupt the complete silence, all of the roommates seem to have made their way back to bed except for one, dorcas' bed lay completely empty an obvious tell that she had stayed with Marlene.

    Ella's sleep was unkindly disturbed by an owl scratching at the windowpane by the head of her bed.
    "Who in the fuck is sending letters this earlier in the morning?" she groaned sitting up in her bed, her hands aggressively rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, strengthening her limbs and trying to adjust to the sunlight that was on her face.
    Her eyes met Arlo the Potter family's barn owl who perfected herself right on the window sill, Ella opened the window sticking her arm out to pet Arlo who leaned gratefully into her touch, and she grabbed the letter from the bird's grasp.
    Arlo ruffled her mahogany feathers before landing on the windowsill waiting for Ella to read the letter, a quiet hoot left the bird as Ella gave her a treat.

    Eleanor stared at the letter with a look of confusion before looking at the lovely calligraphy, knowing it had to have been Effie to write her this letter, she smiled and ran her fingers along the soft envelope broke tearing it open to reveal a lovely letter with a pressed daisy tapped to it.

Dear Eleanor,

    Good morning Eleanor, I hope this letter finds you in good health and a happy start to a new school year. I was informed by my troublesome son that he may or not have stained your white blouse and asked if I knew any ways to get coffee out of nice fabrics.
    Fleamont has in fact been perfecting a potion that helps get stains out, and from what I have seen it works very well. So if you'd like, please send your top with Arlo, I can get that stain out and have to top back to you as soon as possible.

    I hope you are having a good start to your seventh year, and I especially hope that none of the boys are giving you any trouble, particularly James and Sirius.
    If you're having any sort of problems at all please don't be shy, we hope to see you at Christmas, or if you'd take me up on the offer I would love to have you over during the holidays with the boys! If you can't tell I'm surrounded by enough men already, it would be nice to have some females in the building.
    Please be a dear and write Xoxo.

  - Love Euphemia (Effie) Potter

    Eleanor smiled as she skimmed over the beautiful penmanship of Mrs. Potter, she always had a way of making her letters feel so filled with love.
    The blonde often questioned how such a kind and caring woman gave birth to such an arse, but some things in this world will always remain a mystery.