𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

My Dearest
Chapter nine

    Eleanor sat on a plaid picnic blanket, her brain concentrating on the soft plush of the flannel material as her friends buzzed about the recent house drama that she had heard a multitude of times

    The group was surrounded by various books and conversations, they vowed this afternoon was dedicated to getting caught up in course work, but their work ethic showed very poor results of anything actually being done.
    The cool September air brushed against Ella's bare shoulders, mentally cursed herself for wearing such little layers in the cooling weather conditions, as the sun that was partially covered by clouds beamed down on her. Her friends sitting around her laughing and talking but her mind was elsewhere.

    Eleanor's thoughts lingered over on the Gryffindor quidditch tryouts, loud cheers occupying her attention, bright colours of red and gold circling the pitch.
    Her eyes became glued to the raven-haired quidditch captain who was currently flying around the quidditch pitch, she could distinctly hear his obnoxious laughter as he bossed around everyone on the pitch, running drills and whatnot. His noise levels grew as he gave loud praises to the soon-to-be new recruits.
    She could see the smile plastered on his face as he flew next to Marlene, his hand pushing his crooked glasses up to sit properly on the bridge of his nose and then raking through his damp curls.

    The messy-haired boy had somehow managed to find his way into the back of her brain, taking up more room than Eleanor wished.
    That utterly stupid and reckless moment in the boy's dormitory was playing a big role in the destruction of her sanity. On a constant repeat in the back of her mind, the what ifs filled her mind with rhetorical questions of the unknown, questions that weren't even worth the stress and anxiety that they were caring about.
    What would have happened if the two boys hadn't walked in?
    What would happen if peter found out?
    Would she have kissed him? Would she have enjoyed it?
    Small unimportant thoughts that felt like they were running laps in the back of her mind day-in and day-out, it was pathetic really. Her chest was heavy with gross feelings and thoughts of James.

    "What is she even staring at?" Alice asked as she followed Ella's lost gaze towards the bespectacled boy, "she's looking at James?"
    "You haven't heard, have you? James almost kissed her, she said she is happy he isn't but let's face it she's probably caught up in her head about the whole thing" Athena said nudging her trying to gain some sort of bodily awareness from the girl.
    Romeo, Athena, and Alice watched as Ella went from dazed to frowning at the harsh wallop Athena had hit her with.

    "You good Ella?" Romeo asked as she plastered a nervous smile onto her lips.
    "Yeah I'm fine why wouldn't I be?" the group blankly stared at her as she chuckled at the weird silence.
    "She just needs a good shag, preferably from Potter" Athena interjected, poking Eleanor in the ribs, making her frown at not only the statement but the pain in her side.
    "What she needs is to talk about her feelings" Romeo corrected.
    "A reality check and a good shag sound like a perfect combination" Alice joked making them all laugh.