𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬

My Dearest
Chapter fifteen

     "See this one is my favourite because-" Romeo continued his whispered rambles to Remus as the two of them sat quietly in the back of the library, behind the muggle literature-filled shelves, hidden from the rest of the world

    Just the two of them and their subtle smiles as they looked through the book of plants in the Hufflepuff's hands, skimming over the pages and images, telling Remus all his favourites and fun facts.

    Remus could sit for hours, just listening to the fascination that Romeo held in his voice as he gushed about the different properties that each plant had, the colours, and even the different leaf patterns.
    Slowly growing soft as he watched the boy's eyes light up with excitement as he read the tiny notes he wrote in the margins of his textbook, Romeo stopped abruptly and looked over to see Remus in a state of concentration, truly listening to the boy's interests.
    Remus' heart thumped loudly as Romeo held his hand under the table, fiddling with the ring that was on Remus' thumb.

    The Lycanthrope couldn't get the dopey smile to wipe off of his face as he got lost in the softness of the gentle boy's voice, like clam waves crashing on the shore, swooning at how Romeo effortlessly spoke with such passion.
    Plants were never something that Remus took interest in, but if it meant he could listen to Romeo adoringly share all of his thoughts and sentiments, then plants were going to become his favourite thing in the entire world.

    Romeo looked over awkwardly to the other boy, blush tinting his dimpled cheeks as he shut the book, "I'm sorry, I'm probably boring you to death" he laughed rubbing the back of his neck as a smile danced on his lips.
    "Continue, please. I like listening to you speak" Remus whispered hopelessly, blush now furiously tinting his cheeks all the way up to his ears as Romeo's face turned into a smirk. The two stared at each other, awkward silence filling the gap between them.
    Remus' hand remained in Romeo's soft ones, his fingers gliding again the soft flesh of the boy's palms.
    "I'm sorry, that was desperate-sounding," Remus covered his face in embarrassment and shook his head, chuckling as tried to hide the redness that covered his face.
    "It was sweet" Romeo mused as he took his hand from Remus' grasp and removed the hand covering the boy's face, "you're too pretty to hide your face, you do know that right?" he shamelessly flirted gaining another embarrassed chuckle from Remus.

    If Romeo could live and breathe off of the heavenly laughs that erupted from Remus, he would.
    The sound was like a drug, no dosage was big enough to keep him content, Romeo was a feign for Everything about Remus. Even just one glimpse of his smile could take the air straight from your lungs, one interaction and you were addicted.

    "It's almost like you're trying to make me as red as a tomato" a shaky breath left Remus's mouth as the other boy's hand found the soft wool of Remus' jumper, his fists balling up as he took a heap of the material and pulled the scar-covered boy closer to him.
    "Maybe I am" the boy taunted making the flush return to the Gryffindor's cheeks, Romeo lived for these moments, ones where the lanky boy was speechless from just his words.