Chapter 38: I don't support this!

I know it's late but here's the update.

Chapter 38:
I don't support this!

Hailey's POV

"So this is where you've been hiding?" A familiar voice stops my hand from making contact with Conner's head and I twist my head to see Colton with Tristan following behind him. "You bailed out on our date, you know?"

Date?

Oh yeah, our friendship date to the beach? I think it was to the beach.

At the mention of the date, Tristan eyes capture mine almost immediately, giving me a serious look that kind of makes me want to disappear. Even through his eyes, I am able to make up his thoughts--he's not happy to hear that I scheduled a date with his friend, the same friend that he's seen me kiss as if I'd moved on from him. It's not like I had known that in a matter of a week after I agreed to the date thing, Tristan would want us to get back together again, and besides the supposed date is solemnly platonic--from my side that is.

"Date?" I thought it would be Tristan to speak up but instead it's my brother, whom I'd forgotten about his current existence in the kitchen. "Is this your next meal of the year or-- Ow!" He winces in pain from the slap I graced him with upside his head.

"Shut up, you raccoon!" I scold him like I'm the older one between us before fixing my eyes on Colton. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, blatantly ignoring all that he said before.

"I just wanted to check up on you since you've been ghosting me for some reason," he casually strides to the kitchen island to take a seat on one of the stools tucked beneath the counter top and helps himself to one of the pancakes I'm pretty sure Tristan made for me. "Nice pancakes," he nods, pleased with the food he pretty much stole.

"So you guys planned a date, huh?" Tristan finally decides to speak while concentrating his calculating gaze on me. I think he's jealous... yep definitely is.

I decide to pull his leg and play on his adorable jealousy while I still can. "Yes," I answer him with a sly smile. "He was gonna take me to the beach. And I was hoping to go since I for some reason I haven't been there yet," I shrug causally and busy myself by grabbing the last pancake from Conner's hands before he even takes his first bite. I turn to look at Colton, "I'm sorry I bailed on you, something came up. But we could still go tomorrow if you want," I ask him while avoiding Tristan's intense lazer eyes.

"Uh, sure," Colton hesitantly agrees, probably noticing the weird exchange between me and the jelly bean. He quickly covers his unsure facial expression with a confident smirk after the light bulb turns on, "Make sure to wear the sexiest bikini in your closet," he winks suggestively.

"She can't go," Tristan interrupts us, rudely might I add, and I try hard not to expose my amusement.

"Oh? And why not?" I tilt my head innocently.

"Am I missing something here?" Conner, obviously oblivious to everything that has happened in the past weeks, gestures with his pointer finger to the three of us.

"Hailey is not well enough to go swimming," Tristan ignores my brother, we all do actually, and grits out his answer through his teeth. "And I told you that I'll take you once you're feeling better." His jealousy is growing stronger by the minute and his fists are tightly clenched at his sides.