Chapter 31: I Said Not To Be Late.

Chapter 31:
I said to not be late.

"That's it for today's lesson," Professor Lockheed concludes today's exhausting lesson on anatomy. "See you tomorrow, and don't forget to do your assignments."

We all pack up our bags and quickly make our way out of the lecture room. I haven't seen Eloise since class started and so I am guessing she decided to skip classes today. Still wanting to find out the reason for her absence, I wait for her boyfriend, Andy, at the door so that I may ask him.

"Andy," I call him after he leaves the room. "Have you seen El?" I ask him and fall in step with him. "She wasn't in class."

"I don't know," he shrugs like he is annoyed I ask. "I'm not her keeper. So how should I know?" He says rudely, and I'm almost tempted to slap the rudeness out of him.

"Wow," I clear my throat. "Okay," my eye twitches at his behavior. "You know, I really wonder what she sees in you. It's like your this jerk who doesn't even care about her." I tell him bluntly.

"Me neither," he shrugs casually like it's no big deal. "Love is blind, Hailey, or whatever this is. I don't really care as long as my social status stays boosted." And with that he walks off.

One day, I'm gonna paralyze him.

I honestly don't know how El ended up liking him. It's obvious that he only agreed to date her for the fun of it, not because he reciprocated the feelings. And now, the mere fact that he actually admitted that their relationship is just for show, makes me to kick him out of existence.

I decide to not worry myself about another person's relationship, since I couldn't even sustain my own, and carry on walking to the block my next class is on.

"Hey, Hailes," Sam pops up on my side with her happy-go-lucky smile as if we've been best friends forever.

Sometimes she's like a flee I want to squash.

"Oh, hey Sam," I force out a smile. "I see you gave me a nickname," I internally roll my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I like her, sort of, but sometimes she's just too much.

"Yeah," she grins triumphantly. "Just thought we could spice things up, Hailes," she bumps my hip with her hip and I almost lose my balance.

"Ha ha ha," I pretend to laugh, not even finding the situation funny. "Well, the nickname is awfu—I mean great. I like it," I keep my eyes on the path ahead, wishing that this manifestation of a mosquito could fly away and annoy someone else.

Didn't you say like the girl?

I do, but she always sticks onto Tristan like a blood sucking leech.

"So," she claps her hands. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today, you know," she stares at me expectantly.

"Uhm, I can't actually," I say, remembering that I have somewhere to be after my next class. "Maybe some other time."

"Oh, okay," her facial expression morphs into that of disappointment, but she quickly masks it with a smile. "It's fine, but can't I perhaps come with you if you don't mind the extra company?"

Why is she so adamant on hanging out with me? Does she not have her own group of friends to chill with, or is she trying to force our bond that's actually hanging on a piece of thread?

"That won't be possible," I try to quicken my pace to signal that I'm in a rush even though my next lecture only starts in thirty minutes.

"Okay, no worries," she shrugs. "Guess I'll see you later then," she says lastly and I just wave goodbye to her as she leaves.