Chapter 15:"Nice threat, sweetheart."

Chapter 15: "Nice threat, sweetheart."

I eventually caught my hitched breath the second Tristan's car left my sight, and immediately, I carried my belongings to my apartment situated on the third floor. Upon my arrival, before the curse called laziness kicked in, I hurriedly unpacked my possessions and packed them neatly into their rightful places; clothes folded and in the closet, and cutlery stuffed into the kitchen cupboards.

Now, after the gruesome routine required after relocating, I am just sprawled across my new bed, scouring through my social media feed and stalking random celebrities who have no idea about my existence. I feel like media is just a platform for stalking. I mean, stalking firstly starts off by searching online for the subject's information than it gradually morphs into physical stalking.

After the hour hand on my wall clock stricking five in the afternoon, my stomach decides to grumble loudly and starts feeling as though it's intestinal walls are consuming themselves. Since I have nothing better to do than to sleep, I rise up from my bed, grab my apartment keys and head out on a treasure hunt for food.

I decide to just walk to the nearest fast food restaurant, and that being a pizza parlor. Immediately upon entering the doors of the home to one of the world's best creations—thanks to the Italians—my nostrils attacked by the sweet smell of melted mozzarella cheese, causing my tummy to have an even bigger fit of hunger.

Against my will, I trudge up to the long line of people waiting to be served with a grumpy expression. The line feels rather tardy, taking decades for one person to served, and this just deepens my blatant frown which people are probably just choosing to ignore.

Hunger does this to me.

Are you sure that it is just the hunger making you grumpy?

Yes, I'm sure, I reply to my nosey conscience digging up for gold where there's barely any minerals.

I'm supposed to be nosey... I'm your conscience. And right now I am telling you that the incident earlier today is the main reason you're disheartened.

Is it normal for your own brain, mind, conscience, or whatever you call that weird voice, to converse with you as if you are talking to a real person? If it's not, then I am becoming mentally disturbed. But maybe the inner voice which bluntly pointed out that aforementioned statement is correct. Maybe I am still irritated by Tristan and I's interaction earlier on. Maybe I am still mad at Jordan and Chase for not telling me about him being in the same state I'd be attending university in. And maybe I am still agitated by the way Tristan behaved cold towards me and drove off without the decency to mutter a 'bye'. And maybe I am freakin' annoyed at myself for being dumb enough to actually let him go!

Wow, Hailey! Calm down...

"Excuse me—"

Deep breaths, dude. Just breathe in deeply and all will be—

"Dude, are you going to move forward or what?!" An agitated voice slices through my inner rant, forcefully hauling me back to Earth and into the reality I momentarily escaped.

"What?" I ask and turn back to see the source of the voice. "Wow, you're pretty!" The words came out before I could even comprehend the meaning of the sentence, and then my insides churn abnormally in embarrassment. "Wait, what?" I face palm myself for my straightforward statement. "Sorry, I said. That must've came out very weirdly."

But I am not lying though. The guy standing in front of me, well actually at the back of me, is the epitome of handsome. He is the embodiment of what it means to be pretty despite being a male. He is a fine specimen with a radiant olive complexion and a raven black mop of hair falling in slight curls into his grey eyes. He stands fairly tall with a height of six feet and probably two inches, and he has a lean, almost muscular, built.