Chapter 34: Henry

RECAP:

Hailey went to the gym to train for the oncoming fight and that's where she met Kyle and Jody. She arrived home late at night and that's when she had a confrontation with Tristan, who 'til this day doesn't know about Hailey's plans to fight the following night. She still doesn't tell him the truth and just heads off to bed.

Side note: Tyler is Sam's Irish twin.

Chapter 34: Henry

Hailey's POV

"Dude, are you listening?" A snap of fingers pulls me out of my deep reverie, and I give a small nod to Jordan although I have heard nothing but my thoughts. "Okay, then what did I say?" He smirks at me knowing quite well that I'm guilty of not listening.

He has been keeping me company for the last thirty minutes while waiting for his best friend to come down from his room. Tristan has been avoiding me all morning, just as I have been avoiding him. Due to last night's confrontation there has been a shift in the atmosphere and nobody is willing to address or try to resolve the matter because we both know that it will be adding fuel to the fire.

And I can't tell him the truth.

"Uh," I try to think about the possible things he might have said. "That you met a new girl?" My statement comes out like a question, immediately exposing my lie.

"I wish," Jordan chuckles. "But no." His expression morphs into a dead serious glare, and I slightly shift in my chair.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him, feeling creeped out by his intense stare.

"No reason," he shrugs casually and flashes me with a bright grin then goes back to sipping his ice coffee like he wasn't being creeping a few seconds ago. "I was just adding a dramatic effect to the scene."

Only Jordan.

For some reason, Jordan's presence has helped ease my thoughts. His goofy and playful character is refreshing compared to the hostility I've been receiving from you-know-who. I am glad that he decided to just barge in a few minutes ago as if he owns the place and thereafter went to raging the fridge like he buys the groceries. He's a good distraction from all this drama.

I roll my eyes at his typical antics. "Well, don't do it again. You made my skin crawl."

"Glad to be of service," he salutes me with a playful grin which causes me to chuckle at his behaviour. "But on a serious note, did you really not hear a thing I said?" He asks me in a manner in which he hopes that I at least heard a smooch of what he was saying earlier.

"Uh, no," I shake my head in honesty. "Sorry."

He collapses on the surface of the kitchen island we're currently sitting at and buries his face in his arms. "Now I have to start over," his whining is muffled by his position and I crack a smile at his frustration.

"Then start over," I pat his back. "I'll listen this time. Promise."

He sits up straight with a sigh then draws a deep breath. "I need a favour."

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. "A favour? What favour?"

"I need you to--"