|2.4| Cornish Pixies

***

IF SOMEONE WOULD'VE TOLD Grace that her twin brother, Ron Weasley and her best friend, Harry Potter would arrive in a flying car in school, she would have laughed right in their face. But now, her face was hanging open as she stared at Seamus in front of her. 

"You're joking, right?" said Grace, not believing a word he said.

"Not at all." Seamus shook his head.

"Where did you even heard it from?" She asked him.

"Everyone's talking about it." He said shrugging. "It's so cool entry."

"Cool?" Hermione said scoffing. "It's not. I don't believe that's the truth anyway. There's no way they would have done that."

But they had done that. Grace and Hermione found out when they were returning to the Gryffindor Tower and met Harry and Ron near the entrance.

"Harry! Ron!" Hermione and Grace called as they dashed toward them.

"There you are!" Hermione breathed

"Where have you been?" Grace asked.

"The most ridiculous rumors — someone said you'd been expelled for crashing a flying car!" said Hermione. 

"Did you really fly here?" Grace on the other hand was grinning. "Brilliant!"

"Thanks, well, we haven't been expelled," Harry said.

"You're not telling me you did fly here?" said Hermione, sounding severe.

"Skip the lecture," said Ron impatiently, "and tell us the new password."

"It's 'wattlebird,'" Grace told them.

Hermione said impatiently, "but that's not the point —" 

Her words were cut short, however, as the portrait of the fat lady swung open and there was a sudden storm of clapping. It looked as though the whole of Gryffindor House was still awake, packed into the circular common room, standing on the lopsided tables and squashy armchairs, waiting for them to arrive. Arms reached through the portrait hole to pull Harry and Ron inside, leaving Hermione and Grace to scramble in after them.

"Brilliant!" yelled Lee Jordan. "Inspired! What an entrance! Flying a car right into the Whomping Willow, people'll be talking about that one for years —"

"Good for you," said a fifth year; someone was patting Harry on the back as though he'd just won a marathon; Fred and George pushed their way to the front of the crowd and said together, "Why couldn't we've come in the car, eh?"