|5.23| The Quibbler

***

LUNA SAID VAQUELY THAT she did not know how soon Rita's interview with Harry would appear in The Quibbler, that her father was expecting a lovely long article on recent sightings of Crumple-Horned Snorkacks. "And, of course, that'll be a very important story, so Harry's might have to wait for the following issue," said Luna.

"Can't wait to see what Umbridge thinks of you going public," said Dean, sounding awestruck at dinner on Monday night. Seamus was shoveling down large amounts of chicken-and-ham pie on Dean's other side, but Grace knew he was listening.

"It's the right thing to do, Harry," said Neville, who was sitting opposite Harry. He was rather pale, but went on in a low voice, "It must have been . . . tough . . . talking about it. . . . Was it?"

"Yeah," mumbled Harry, "but people have got to know what Voldemort's capable of, haven't they?"

"That's right," said Neville, nodding, "and his Death Eaters too . . . People should know. . . ."

Neville left his sentence hanging and returned to his baked potato. After a while Dean, Seamus, and Neville departed for the common room, leaving Harry, Grace and Hermione at the table waiting for Ron, who had not yet had dinner because of Quidditch practice.

"So — er, how was your date with Terry Boots?" Harry asked in what would be a casual voice.

Grace peered at him for a moment, before saying, "we agreed to be just friends."

"Really?" said Harry looking relieved. "That's good."

Grace raised her eyebrows at him. 

"I mean, I'm sorry that it didn't work out." Harry corrected himself.

"Don't be," said Grace without looking at him. "I never had any feelings for him anyway."

"Then why did you went on a date him?" he asked forcing himself to sound only curious.

"why?" Grace looked at him. "are you jealous?"

He looked taken aback for a moment, as his cheeks turned red, "no — why would i be — it's nothing like that —"

"What happened on your date with Cho?" Grace asked cutting him off. "How come you were back so early?"

"Er . . . well, it was . . ." said Harry, pulling a dish of rhubarb crumble toward him and helping himself to seconds, "a complete fiasco, now you mention it."