|3.1| Phantom

***

DURING THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS, after Ron had called Harry and yelled on the talking device which muggles called telephone — a very weird name according to Grace — they weren't able to call him again. Grace had written him a letter explaining everything and whishing him Harry Birthday along with his gift. Her whole family had also went to Egypt and that was the best summer ever. 

But all her happiness came crashing down when her parents refused to give her permission to visit Hogsmeade. On an absolutely ridiculous reason: Because a mass murdered Sirius Black had escaped Azkaban, which had totally nothing to do with her. She couldn't even see how was that going to affect her life. It wasn't like he was going to come looking for her or kill her. 

And what had angered her more was that Ron was allowed to visit Hogsmeade. How in the merlin's name was that fair? No matter how many time she plead, their answer didn't changed. She had thrown a very big tantrum and refused to talk to her parents. 

On the last day of holidays, they went to Leaky Cauldron to meet Harry. After Harry had accidently blown up his aunt, he ran from his home and ended up and Leaky Cauldron. Of course he wasn't expelled much to everyone's relief. But when they reached Leaky Cauldron, the owner Tom said Harry had already left for Diagon Alley. On their way they had also met Hermione. 

Grace, Ron and Hermione were just sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, when Grace saw him near the broom's shop staring at Firebolt.

"Harry!" She called him. "Harry!"

He turned, before making his way toward them.

"Finally!" said Ron, grinning at Harry as he sat down. "We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said you'd left, and we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin's, and —"

"I got all my school stuff last week," Harry explained. "And how come you knew I'm staying at the Leaky Cauldron?"

"Dad," said Ron simply.

"Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?" said Hermione in a very serious voice.

"I didn't mean to," said Harry, while Ron roared with laughter. "I just — lost control."

"It's not funny, Ron," said Grace sharply. "Harry could've been expelled."

"Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled." said Hermione.

"So am I," admitted Harry. "Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested." He looked at Grace and Ron. "Your dad doesn't know why Fudge let me off, does he?"