|5.18| Heartbroken

***

GRACE AND HARRY ARRIVED early in the Room of Requirement for the last D.A. meeting before the holidays and was very glad they had, because when the lamps burst into light Grace saw that Dobby had taken it upon himself to decorate the place for Christmas. She could tell the elf had done it, because nobody else would have strung a hundred golden baubles from the ceiling, each showing a picture of Harry's face and bearing the legend HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS!

"Wow." said Grace chuckling. "We should keep them, Harry, shouldn't we? And wish everyone a 'Harry Christmas'."

Harry glared at her playfully, before they both started removing them. Grace had only just managed to get the last of them down before the door creaked open and Luna Lovegood entered, looking dreamy as always.

"Hello," she said vaguely, looking around at what remained of the decorations. "These are nice, did you put them up?"

"No," said Harry, "it was Dobby the house-elf."

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. 

"Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

Grace was saved the necessity of asking what nargles were by the arrival of Angelina, Katie, and Alicia. All three of them were breathless and looked very cold.

"Well," said Angelina dully, pulling off her cloak and throwing it into a corner, "we've replaced you two."

"Replaced me?" said Grace together blankly.

"You, Harry, Fred and George," she said impatiently. "We've got another Seeker!"

"Who?" said Harry quickly.

"Ginny Weasley," said Katie.

Harry gaped at her. Grace already knew that, she was the one who suggested to Ginny to try out.

"Yeah, I know," said Angelina, pulling out her wand and flexing her arm. "But she's pretty good, actually. Nothing on you, of course," she said, throwing him a very dirty look, "but as we can't have you . . ."

"And who've replaced me?" Grace asked, trying to keep her voice even.

"Alicia," said Angelina nodding toward her. "She agreed to join the team back,"

"But I'll be on the team only till you've got the ban." Alicia added seeing the sad look on Grace's face. "This is my last year, anyway."

"But I've got a lifetime ban, remember?" said Grace miserably.