|4.6| Malfoy, a Ferret

***

GRACE WAS QUITE DISSAPOINTED when she didn't get any letter from Sirius, her biological father, the next day. The disappointment made her realize that she had been looking forward for his reply. She went to attend her first class, Herbology, with the same disappointment. They had to collect the pus, which was very disgusting work to do. 

In Care of Magical Creatures class, Hagrid introduced them to Blast-Ended-Skrewts, who were like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy looking, with legs sticking out in very odd place and no visible heads. In Grace's opinion 'eurgh' was the best way to sum them up. They could burn, sting and bite all at once. 

The next class was divination, which was the class Grace didn't liked at all. But it did gave her time to sleep. Grace thought that she must have been mental to take this subject in the first place; she should've just taken Arithmancy like Hermione.

"My dears, it is time for us to consider the stars," said Professor Trelawny. "The movements of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal only to those who understand the steps of the celestial dance. Human destiny may be deciphered by the planetary rays, which intermingle . . ."

The class had went on as boringly as possible. Professor Trelawny called out Harry's name and started to make the same, no old, prediction of how Harry was going to suffer. But Harry wasn't listening, he was daydreaming in the class, which had made Professor Trelawny irritated. 

"Harry!" Grace hissed at him to make him snap out of his thoughts. 

"What?" He said looking up.

Harry looked around; the whole class was staring at him, before sitting up straight.

"I was saying, my dear, that you were clearly born under the baleful influence of Saturn," said Professor Trelawney, a faint note of resentment in her voice at the fact that he had obviously notbeen hanging on her words.

"Born under — what, sorry?" said Harry.

"Saturn, dear, the planet Saturn!" said Professor Trelawney, sounding definitely irritated that he wasn't riveted by this news. "I was saying that Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth. . . . Your dark hair . . . your mean stature . . . tragic losses so young in life . . . I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?"

"No," said Harry, "I was born in July."

Ron hastily turned his laugh into a hacking cough.

Half an hour later, each of them had been given a complicated circular chart, and was attempting to fill in the position of the planets at their moment of birth. It was dull work, requiring much consultation of timetables and calculation of angles.