|3.12| Gryffindor VS Ravenclaw

***

JANUARRY FADED IMPERCEPTIBLY INTO February, with no change in the bitterly cold weather. Grace's anti-Dementor lessons were going very well. She was able to produce a corporeal Patronus in her second session only, which turned out to be an Abraxan Winged Horse. Harry on the other hand was having difficulty. Several sessions on, he was able to produce an indistinct, silvery shadow every time the Boggart-Dementor approached him, but his Patronus was too feeble to drive the Dementor away. 

Adding more to her glowing mood, Professor McGonagall had returned both Harry's and Grace's Firebolt. It was as magnificent as ever. 

When Fred and George got to know that she has got a Firebolt, their reaction were priceless. No one understood who had sent her, but then again no one was interested in fathoming the mystery of her firebolt. Percy had written to her parents informing about the broom as Grace hadn't bothered to do it.

Ron and Harry had again started to talk to Hermione, much to Grace's relief. But the same day another tragedy stuck making Ron go mad on Hermione. He found scabber's blood on his sheets with ginger hair on it. It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship. Each was so angry with the other that Grace and Harry couldn't see how they'd ever make up.

What made Grace full with glee was the face of Draco when he saw that both Grace and Harry had got firebolts. He tried to insult her of course, saying 'Where did you stole that from, Weasley?', and 'Your family must have to sell everything to pay for your broom', and what-not nonsense. But that didn't affect her not even a little bit. 

On the day of Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw match, Grace was the first one to wake up her dormitory. At a quarter to eleven, the Gryffindor team set off for the locker rooms. The weather couldn't have been more different from their match against Hufflepuff. It was a clear, cool day with a very light breeze; there would be no visibility problems this time, and Grace, though nervous, was starting to feel the excitement only a Quidditch match could bring. They could hear the rest of the school moving into the stadium beyond. 

"You know what we've got to do," said Wood as they prepared to leave the locker rooms. "If we lose this match, we're out of the running, just — just fly like you did in practice yesterday, and we'll be okay!"

They walked out onto the field to tumultuous applause. The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, were already standing in the middle of the field. Their Seeker, Cho Chang, was the only girl on their team. 

"Wood, Davies, shake hands," Madam Hooch said briskly, and Wood shook hands with the Ravenclaw Captain.

"Mount your brooms... on my whistle... three — two — one —"