𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋

————————
chapter nineteen: the formal
————————
"i'm sorry."
————————

aurora woke up in the animal clinic, still laying on the metal table with no shirt on. she looked around before sitting up, everything spinning. she slid off the table, her legs feeling like noodles.

"welcome back to the land of conscious." she heard deaton say as she felt someone's hand grab her arm.

she turned to see scott helping her gain her balance. she leaned on the metal table, smiling at scott thankfully.

"you doing okay?" deaton asked, putting his hand on aurora's shoulder. "maybe you should sit down, huh?"

aurora looked down to her abdomen, seeing that there was a bandage there, blood soaking through. she furrowed her eyebrows before she remembered what had happened the night before.

scott, aurora, and deaton both looked up, hearing the bell jingle, meaning someone had entered the animal clinic.

"hello?" deaton called out.

they heard the sound of a door closing, making deaton step forward. aurora quickly grabbed his arm, stopping him. deaton gave aurora a smile before walking out of the back room.

"i'm sorry, but we're -" deaton said walking to the front. "we're closed."

aurora looked at scott, the both of them smelling peter's scent.

"hi there. i'm here to pick up." peter said.

"i'm not sure i remember you dropping off." deaton said. aurora listen to his heart, seeing that he was calm.

now all she had to do was calm down. aurora and scott quickly moved towards one of the corners in the room, trying not to make any noise.

"these two wandered in on their own." peter said, stepping forward.

"even if they did, i'm afraid i can't help you. we're closed." deaton explained.

"well, i think you can make an exception this one time. . . don't you?" peter questioned, still getting closer to deaton.

"i'm sorry. that's not going to be possible. maybe you could come back during regular hours." deaton said.

"you have something of mine." peter told deaton, meaning he knew that the two teen wolves were there. "i'm here to collect it."

"like i said. . ." deaton started. "we're closed."

it was quiet for a few seconds, aurora hearing a slight sizzle coming from somewhere.

"mountain ash." peter said, breaking the silence. "that's an old one."

aurora jumped at the sound of something breaking. she was about to shoot up, but scott grabbed her, pulling her back down. aurora looked at him, seeing that he was giving her a look that said "don't."

"let me be as clear as possible." deaton said, sounding surprisingly calm. "we. are. closed."

the sound of footsteps walking towards the door filled scott and aurora's ears, making them start to calm down. but then they froze.