𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

————————————
chapter zero: the calm before the storm
————————————
"i moved back, idiots!"
————————————

aurora was unpacking the moving truck, along side her uncle. they had just moved back to beacon hills, and she was happy to be back. not only because she was back in the place where she grew up, but because she gets to see her best friends.

she hadn't told any of them that she moved back. or that she was even in town. she wants to surprise them.

aurora took the last box out the truck and set it down in the living room.

she looked around, a bunch of memories hitting her all at once. max had bought her old house, it still being on the market for a weird reason, but neither of them were complaining.

if you're wondering where aurora's parents were, her mother died a few years back and her father left the them when she was younger.

after her dad left, she built very tall brick walls around her heart. only a few people being able to get past them. and when her mother died, the bricks stacked higher and higher on those walls.

when she moved in with her uncle, max, it was very hard for him to get through to her, but he understood why. she had lost her mother, and he lost his sister.

but now, max was one of the few people that had managed to climb over the walls and get to her heart, in a good way.

"hey, do any of your friends know that you're back?" max asked, as he picked up a box and started to go up the stairs.

"no. i wanted to surprise them." aurora answered.

"okay. well, if they volunteer to help unpack, say yes." he yelled, now being upstairs.

"yes, sir!" she yelled back, a small smile on her face. "does that mean i can go now?!"

"yeah. be careful!" max yelled back.

"i will! love you!"

"love you, too."

and with that aurora was out the door. she looked at her car, contemplating if she should take it. she started walking down the block, remembering the way she used to take to get to scott's house.

she figured that they all would be over there. she was hoping that they were there.

after about about twenty minutes, she was at the mccall residence. she took in a deep breath, suddenly nervous to see the people that she calls her family.

she rung the doorbell, shaking her arms so she get her nerves out.

after a few seconds the door swung open, revealing a very much taller scott than she remembered.

scott yelled something, his head being turned towards something behind him. he then looked down at his hands, making aurora do the same.

there was money in it and he was counting it.

"here you go." scott said, looking up. his jaw dropped opened.

"you're voice is a lot deeper than i remember scotty." aurora joked, looking up to see his face. she chuckled  at his reaction.

"rori?" scott asked, still trying to process what's going on. "what're you doing here?"

"waiting for a better reaction from you." aurora answered.

scott then pulled her into an embrace, surprising her for a second before she hugged him back.

"there we go!" she laughed, hugging him just as tight as he was hugging her.