𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓?

————————————
chapter eight: a what?
————————————
"don't tell me what to do."
————————————

aurora was sitting home, watching tv in the living room. she heard the bell ring, making her groan since she was so comfortable in her spot. she got up to open the door, revealing a certain buzzcut boy with several movie dvd's in his hands.

"i'm here for our movie night." he said with his usual side smirk.

"stiles, i only said that so we wouldn't have to go bowling with them."

the smirk instantly dropped from his face, making aurora feel bad a little. he's been trying to get her and scott to watch star wars since they were kids.

"fine. . . fine. we can watch you're little star movies!" she said, making him perk up and come inside. "but only the first one."

"thank you! thank you! and they are called star wars." he said, making her roll my eyes.

"yeah, yeah whatever. put the movie in while i go make popcorn." she said, walking towards the kitchen.

he hums.

aurora took out a packet of popcorn, putting it in the microwave. a few minutes later, the microwave beeped. she took the popcorn out and poured it into a bowl. she then grabbed to sodas from the fridge before going back to the living room.

she saw that stiles was excitedly waiting for her to return, holding the remote in his hand so he could press play.

"here ya go." she said to him, passing him a soda.

"thanks." he said before opening it and taking a swig. "you ready?"

"as ready as i'll ever be." she muttered, opening her soda.

"hey, why didn't you want to go on the double date?" stiles asked just as the star wars theme song started to blare through the tv speakers.

"because i didn't want to be a fifth wheel." aurora answered simply.

"i would've been there." stiles said.

she shrugged, not wanting to tell him why she actually didn't want to go.

"is it because you didn't want to see scott and allison be all couple - y with each other?" stiles asked, tearing his eyes away from the screen to look at her.

she sucked in a breath, which basically gave him an answer. "how'd you know?"

"because i know you, rori. and it's weird seeing you this way." he stated.

"what way?" aurora asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"all awkward and shy. you're the confident one out of us three." he said truthfully. "why're you acting this way?"

"because, smarty. . ." she starts before sighing. "allison is the first girl that i've ever had actual feelings for. even if it's only been a few weeks."

"you were in massachusetts for four years. you never liked anyone?" stiles asked.

"not like this. i don't know, she's different." she mumbled, feeling her cheeks heat up.