𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆

—————————————
chapter ten: skipping
—————————————
"because i care about you."
—————————————

aurora was on the roof of the movie rental place with scott and derek. the alpha attacked again, and this time he hurt jackson. lydia didn't get hurt, but she was still a little traumatized.

"starting to get it?" derek asked the two teens.

"i get that he's killing people." scott said.

"but i don't get why." aurora finished.

"i mean, this isn't standard practice. we don't go out in the middle of the night killing people, do we?" scott said.

"no." derek answered. "we're predators. we don't have to be killers."

"then why is he a killer?" aurora asked.

"that's what we're gonna find out." derek answered before he walked off.

scott and aurora looked at each other before they followed. aurora looked back at the scene before she completely walked off.

~~~

"you know, we have live too." scott said to derek.

they was back at the hale house.

"no, you don't. rori, maybe. but you don't." derek said, making aurora snort.

"yes, i do!" scott defended. " i don't care what you say about him making me his pet or -"

"part of his pack." derek interrupted.

"whatever. i have homework to do. i have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because i'm failing chemistry." scott listed.

"i could help you study." aurora suggested.

"you wanna do homework? or do you wanna not die?" derek asked them. "you have less than a week until the full moon. you don't kill with him, he kills you."

"okay, seriously, who made up these rules?" scott asked.

"it's a rite of passage into his pack." derek answered.

"you know what else is a rite of passage?" scott asked. "graduating from high school. and you don't have to kill anyone to do it! why can't you just find him yourself? why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?"

"because his human scent could be entirely different. it has to be you. you have a connection with him. a link that you can't understand. if i can teach you to control your abilities, you can find him."

"why is this all on me? rori got bit too." scott asked.

"because like i said, rori isn't like us. he may have bit her, but he didn't turn her. she was already a wolf. he just made the abilities come to surface." derek answered.

"so if i help you. . . you can stop him?" scott asked.

"not alone. we're stronger in numbers. a pack makes the individual more powerful." derek answered, looking at both teens.