𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘

———————
chapter nine: he has nobody
———————
"that's his own fault."
———————

aurora walked into her house, surprised to see that max was still up, sitting on the couch. she put her keys down on the small table before sitting down besides him. she let out a sigh, glad to be home.

"there's food in the kitchen." max told his niece.

"i'm not really hungry." she mumbled as she leaned her head back.

"long day?" max questioned.

"oh, you have no idea." aurora answered as she closed her eyes.

"you wanna talk about it?" max asked.

aurora sighed, wishing she could tel her uncle about what has been going on in her life, but she couldn't. "just stressed about school and other things."

"other things?" max questioned.

"girl problems." aurora mumbled.

"can i help?"

"did you and your friend ever have feelings for the same girl?" aurora asked, lifting her head up.

"no. . . me and my best friend in high school had different types in girls." max answered. "why?"

"scott and i have feelings for allison. only difference is that scott and allison is together." aurora answered. "b - but something happened between me and allison earlier."

"something like what?" max asked.

"we almost. . . kissed." aurora said, thinking back to when her and allison was so close.

"oh." max said, his eyebrows raised. "does scott know?"

"no."

"hmm. try to talk to her about it." max suggested.

"i did, max." aurora said. "she didn't want to."

"she's probably still trying to process it, rori. she's still with scott, and she's probably confused about her feelings towards you. so. . . give her some time." max said. "it might suck, but it give you both time to think."

aurora smiled, "thanks, max."

he smiled back, wrapping his arms around the younger hastings. "anytime, kiddo. i know i've been working a lot. let's watch a movie."

"okay." aurora said.

~~~

aurora walked into class, sitting in front of allison. she felt the argent girl's staring at the back of her head but she didn't turn around, taking her notebook and textbooks out.

"rora." allison called, making said girl turn to face her. "they know that jackson is missing."

"how?" aurora questioned, knowing why the whittemore boy wasn't at school today.

"his parents and the police called here to make sure." allison answered.

"shit." aurora mumbled as she turned back around.