𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄

—————
chapter sixteen: saying goodbye
—————
"fuck it."
—————

aurora's eyes widened when she had seen the kanima take the kunai out of allison's hand before it wrapped its own hand around her throat. she had gasped for breath, aurora feeling her own heart shoot up into her throat.

"not yet, sweetheart." gerard told her, walking into the area that everyone was in.

"what are you doing?" allison asked.

"he's doing what he came here to do." scott answered.

"then you know." gerard said.

"what's he talking about?" allison asked.

"it was that night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when i threatened your mother." gerard said to scott, ignoring allison's question.

aurora kept her eyes on the kanima, just in case it tightened its grip around allison's neck.

"i knew i saw something in your eyes." gerard continued. "you could smell it, couldn't you?"

"he's dying." aurora said.

"i am. i have been for a while now." gerard said. "unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. but the supernatural does." he finished, looking down at derek who was still on the floor.

gerard then looked over at allison, making the kanima tighten its grip around her throat. aurora stepped forward, ready to attack, but scott held her back.

"you monster." chris told his father.

"not yet." gerard simply said.

"what are you doing?" allison asked, only making the kanima's grip tighten.

"you'll kill her too?" chris asked, his voice breaking.

"when it comes to survival, i'd kill my own son!" gerard answered. his eyes then went over to scott, expectantly. "scott."

"scott you better do something or i will." aurora whispered to him, knowing that only he could hear it.

scott had shifted back to normal, looking down at derek. he walked over to the hale man, grabbing him by his neck and making him get up from the floor. aurora kept her eyes on the kanima.

"scott, don't." derek pleaded. "you know that he's gonna kill me right after. he'll be an alpha."

"that's true. but i think he already knows that, don't you, scott?" gerard said. "he knows that the ultimate prize is allison. do this small task for me, and they can be together. you are the only piece that doesn't fit, derek. and in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love."

"scott, don't!" derek tried, watching as gerard took off his jacket. "don't!"

"i'm sorry!" scott said. "but i have to."

"r - rora, do something." allison rasped out.

aurora raised her eyebrows, wanting to rip the damn kanima off of allison. but she knew that would ruin the plan.