chapter 19

🗣VOTE

"I mean it's still corny" he lied. Love Jones was a classic. She rolled her eyes at him. He stood at the foot of the bed looking like a sex god. His skin was glistening-well his extensive ink. She licked her lips. Something she does when he's around. He smirked loving the effect he has on her.

"Come here" she patted the spot next to her. She didn't like watching him from afar.

"Swear you love invading a nigge privacy." He laughed as he climbed into the bed. She didn't let him leave the spot. He would if he wanted to. "And you let me" he didn't reply.

"Why you love stay'n inside? With your introverted ass" he shook his head as he pulled her naked body towards him. Even though they weren't engaged in any sexual act in the last two hours and could at least put a shirt on, Darren didn't want that. He had his boxers but Gabriela had to stay naked. He loved being able to touch upon her without any cloth barriers.

He kissed her jawline and roamed her body with his large hand. He felt himself growing. She did too. "Darren sto-ugh-p" her plea fell on deaf ears.

"Darren am serious" she pushed him a little. He looked irritated but she didn't care. "Man you so ugly" he playfully frowned. Maybe not.

She laughed and leaned back on the bed. Elbow resting on the pillow as she laid her head on her closed fist. She managed to pull the brown satin sheet to cover her breast. Her nipples still managed to pock.

She pushed her curly hair back dramatically "who is ugly ha?" He leaned back as well with a straight face. It didn't fade her smile though. She knew what kind of man he was. He didn't smile. He just smirked.

They just stared into each other's eyes "Are you from New York?"

"Born and raised" he replied as he reached for the sheets and pulled them back. He wasn't even trying to be sexual. "Was it nice?"

He looked at her like she was crazy. He narrowed his eyes trying to see if that was a shade. Her eagerness showed the sincerity of her query.

"I mean it's not something to brag about" he subconsciously played with her nipple. Gabriela noticed he did it often. She liked it. Not only because it was intimate but also because he does it without trying to be sexual. It was like she was always on his mind.

"You see people dying on the street over dice. Young boys selling dope, prostitutes, crack heads in their late 40's." He seemed to be in deep thought. "You know looking back at it I thank God for letting me and Dom live, cause how bodies were droppn' its a miracle we survived" she leaned forward and cupped his hairy face.

"Am happy you're alive" she grinned caressing the side of his face. Her adrenaline rushing in excitement.

Why?

For a split second, her mind placed itself in a place where there was no Darren. Empty and shallow. When the realization of his existence kicked back in it put her in a state of pure bliss.

Nobody has ever said that to him. Not like this. Her eyes told it all. She was falling for him.

"Spend the night" he whispered. She was taken aback by his sudden outburst. "Uhmm-I-I didn't tell Eva I wasn't coming home"

He leaned back letting her hand fall onto the mattress. "Call her and tell her you stay'n wit Bambi" he got out of bed and grabbed his sweatpants. "Tell Bambi to follow up" she watched him as he pulled his pants up but still made sure they sat low on his hips showing off his Calvin Klein boxer briefs.

"Bambi will ask questions, you know that" she teased. He looked at her funny "I don't cause we not cool like that." He walked to the corner of the room and opened his drawer pooling out a bag of weed. "But I know she won't ask questions. Nothing you haven't told her already" he raised his brows and cocked his head to the side in a matter-of-fact manner.