chapter 3

"It isn't much but..." She trailed off.

"Are u kidding me? I know you being humble right now but c'mon."

Gabriela was in complete awe. She knew miss Lauren must have had a decent home but she didn't expect it to be this beautiful. It was one of those modern homes you see in movies, like family homes. The theme of the house was white and beige. She should've known since she mentioned earlier it was close to campus and the shop.

During some of her morning runs Gabi noticed all the houses in this area are beautiful and uptight.

"C'mon baby let me show you your room" she stood at the top of the stairs motioning with her hands to follow her. Gab quickly followed excited to see her new room. This felt like buying a new house and settling in. That was how welcome Miss Lauren made her feel.

She made a turn to the left from the top of the stairs and opened the second door to the right down the hall. Gabriela walked into a room that was twice the size of her dorm room back on campus. The room was occupied with a king-sized bed and the theme of the house was Gray and white making it less alive compared to the rest of the house. There was a small walk-in closet in the left corner of the room and a nightstand on either side of the bed. It was like the room was ready for whomever but didn't get many visits. She walked in further and carefully sat on the tip of the bed while letting her backpack fall on to the bed. The bed was a little stiff confirming her suspicion. Something told her this room belonged to a man.

"I made this room for my son." As if she read her mind.

"I would've changed things up but it all happened so fast. Get settled in and we will refurnish it some other time."

"Oh no Miss Lauren, this is beyond what I imagined. To be honest, am not a pink and flower kinda girl, I kinda like the vibe of this room." She said looking around smiling.

"Yeah, my Son bought me this house. He wanted me out of the hood. The crime rate was skyrocketing." She walked further into the room and took a seat next to Gabriela.

"I got him a room ready since he likes to come here from time to time, but don't worry he has a nice ass place. Don't feel bad for that boy, he hasn't visited me in months." She chucked but gabi could see the pain in her eyes. He was her only son and she missed him.

"If you say so. But you won't be so lonely now miss Lauren. You have me." Gabriela answered proudly while she stood up and put her hands on her hips while smiling.

"How about you call me Eva. You are family now." Eva said as she got up as well."Okay, miss Eva."
Eva gave her a look that said 'really'
"I meant Eva. Okay, Eva." The name still sounded heavy on her tongue but she would have to get used to it.

"Okay it's getting late and I take it you have class tomorrow so get settled and go to sleep." She stood by the door and pointed at the door directly across the hall "That's your bathroom since I have my own in my bedroom. So feel free to keep your things in there. Sleep tight" she blew out a kiss and closed the door on her way out.

Gabriel quickly got up and looked around. She couldn't believe this is real. She fell onto the bed face first and started screaming excitedly into the pillow.

"Whose room is this? It's gab's" she started singing. After her little victory dance, she decided to go to sleep only to realize all her staff was downstairs. She quickly went downstairs to grab her luggage. She had three of those which means she would have to make 3 trips back to back. They were also heavy. She went downstairs and grabbed the smallest out of the three only to find Eva in the kitchen talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah, right you are always busy. Too busy for your mother."
She must be talking to the son that never visits Gabriela thought. She wasn't judging tho, by the lifestyle his mother leads it's fair to say he's a busy man.