chapter 16

Vote Vote Vote❗❗❗

Dominic 🔝

***

Buzz

Gabi pulled the blanket over her head hoping it would block the sound. The sun was also shining directly at her face. She wondered who opened the blinds.

She looked around with her face screwed and one eye closed. Immediately she felt the soreness between her legs making her reminisce about last night. She smiled.

Buzz

She looked at the nightstand that was on the other side of the bed and realized Darren wasn't with her. She looked at the ID and saw Dom flash across the screen. She was about to answer until she realized it wasn't her phone.

"Darren?" She called out. She slid out of bed and put on her robe. She remained on her spot waiting for the phone to go off one more time so she can take it to where ever Darren was. Nothing.

She went to the bathroom for her morning routine. She wasn't about to go downstairs with a stinky breath.

She looked in the mirror and noticed a bunch of love bites and a large bag under her eyes proving she didn't get much sleep last night. He had her up all night while he drilled the shit out of her. He made sure she remembered him with every step she took. He had her limping.

She peed and washed her hands then started looking for a toothbrush. She opened and closed a few cabinets until she found what she was looking for.

She took a quick shower to get rid of the sex from last night and made her way back to his room. Still no sight. She wanted to go downstairs to look for him but decided to put some cloth on first.
---------
Sweat dripped down his face as he sprinted back to his apartment. This was his morning routine. Some days he just ran and others were spent in the gym that occupied the space in his condo.

He was greeted by the same doorman and receptionist that he met on his way out. He looked at his watch and it was approaching 10 in the morning. Usually, he exercises from 6 to 7 but he needed that sleep and he also needed to work out.

When he got inside the smell of bacon and egg hit his nostrils. He passed the living room and reached the kitchen. Gabi was busy scrambling the eggs as she wore the hell out of his hoodie and his sweat pants that were too big for her. She somehow made it work.

"Good morning?" She cheered. She looked back at him with her bare face. She was beautiful.

"Hm" he nodded. He wasn't a morning person. It annoyed him when people get excited in the morning. "You too cheerful, calm down"

Gabi wasn't offended. The way he said it wasn't to offend her, if she is not mistaken he was trying to crack a joke. Sober. "Am not a morning person" she started "but it's not morning any more"

He approached her and peaked his head to the pan that held the yellow substance. It looked and smelled delicious. The bacon was already cooked and sat on a plate. Two plates.

She put the scrambled egg on both plates and started digging. "Hmmmm this is good" she complimented herself.

"It's not bad" he shrugged.

"Excuse you?" She asked as she sprinkled cinnamon on her egg.

"It's scrambled egg Gabriela stop acting like you made a whole course meal"

They ate silently. It wasn't awkward and it wasn't comfortable either. It was something between the two.

"Go change I'll wash the dishes" he instructed. "Give me like 30 minutes cause am gone need to shower too"