chapter 13

Gabi didn't feel the need to sit there any longer. She felt the air getting thicker.

Eva understood where he was coming from so she didn't want to pock the bear.

Darren just sat there not thinking about anything in particular. The buzzing of a phone made both Eva and Darren look at Gabi. She stood up and pulled her phone out of her back pocket. It was Bambi.

She went ahead and kissed Eva on the chick. "I already ate so am going straight to sleep bye" she didn't even acknowledge his presence.

"Is that him calling?" She smirked. Gabi laughed at her. "No it's bambi" she was really pressing her about it. Eva called him pretty boy and he was nothing but a gentleman with her. She didn't mind them dating.

She left the living room and was picking up her bag when she answered her phone.

"I hate you" she heard from the other line.

"I miss you too, what a way to greet a best friend" she mocked.

"Shut up, we didn't talk the whole day" she stressed "last we talked was yesterday girl" Gabi chuckled. "Yeah true"

"I have tea and I couldn't wait to tell you, remember Caiden's friend Kori" throughout the whole day Bambi wanted to call her friend and tell her everything they did. She genuinely enjoyed herself.

"Oh no! Kori fine ass?" She knew what was next but decided to hear what's up.

"He took me out on a date" she cheesed. Gabi felt bad for assuming it was just sex. "A date? You let him"

The problem wasn't with the men, it was with Bambi. She only wanted sex and nothing more. So it was a surprise to hear she was out on a date.

"I don't know. I mean am trying something new. We're not in a relationship or whatever but I just wanted to know him better yea know" she could hear it in her voice. She liked him.

"You like him" Gabi claimed. "You fucking like him" she jumped around her room like a high school girl.

"Shut up, ughhh" Gabi went ahead and put her on speaker as she took her boots off. "He cute or whatever, did you know he used to play soccer in high school"

"Ugh No?" Both girls laughed.

"Ya know Caiden's birthday is tomorrow" Gabi completely forgot about that. "You coming right?"

"You know I can't. Not after what happened last week." She didn't want any more drama. She didn't feel the need to since they weren't that tight.

"Yeah I mean the party starts at 9 so I guess" Bambi said with sadness in her voice. The party was going on all night and she didn't want to pressure her friend into it. She never liked to party anyway.
----------
"You still didn't answer my question" Darren stroked his beard as he eyed his mom suspiciously.

"What question?" Eva asked confused. They have been sitting in the living room with an awkward silence between them.

"What were y'all talking bout? Dating and shit" it was still bothering him. "And who is he you were referring to when she got a call?"

"It's this cute guy I know from the shop and they've been friends since she came here" she smiled

"So? Why you pressuring her to make it more than what it is?" From what he understood Gabi played it cool. But his mom looked like she was up to something.

"Look she's 20. She needs to do things besides school." He twisted his face in anger.

"What the hell does that mean? She needs to hoe around? Aren't you the one saying she needs to focus on school?"