ARC 3 || 018 - She, The Dragon Princess

a/n: 4 chapters left until all chapters are rewritten 😰😰😰 ofc the book wont be finished but,,,, i probably will take a break after rewriting everything, and then continue on in writing new chapters

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Partially Edited By YiyuRu

please point out mistakes

The past.

The light clank of a porcelain bowl was heard, settled in front of the to-be-empress Bai Ren. She opened her closed eyes, glaring at the servant who had just set down the bowl.

The servant was really nothing special. An average face, an average personality, and an average talent. Princess Bai Ren was not picky when choosing servants- they just needed to be loyal to her. That was what a servant was for, right?

Bai Ren narrowed her eyes, before taking the bowl and lightly smelling the slight fragrance it gave off.

Bai Ren was a stark contrast to the servant beside her. Her face was delicate, yet had a sense of youthful mischievousness. Her long hair was pure white, tied up into twin tails with a red ribbon, which made her matching bright, ruby eyes stand out more. Bai Ren wore clothing made of expensive white silk, accented with red.

At the time, Bai Ren was merely 17 years old.

In her hands was the rice porridge that the imperial kitchen had made, yet it smelled a bit stranger than usual. Slowly, she turned her to gaze to the servant beside her.

The servant girl's hands were twitching. With anxiety? Perhaps excitement? Bai Ren didn't need an answer, since she already knew. The side of her lips raised up into a mocking smile.

"I apologize," Bai Ren said, holding the bowl with one hand, "but poison isn't edible." she titled the porcelain bowl to the side, and the hot porridge spilled onto the ground, ending up dangerously close to the servant's feet.

The servant girl gasped. "...Princess Bai Ren! I..."

Bai Ren angrily laughed, "I suppose that the once exalted status of the dragon princess has fallen to a new low, for a servant to think that they could assassinate me so easily."

Bai Ren held one of the highest positions in the entire empire of Yevaria, her status right before the emperor and empress. Because of this, she had many competitors. Who didn't want the title of dragon princess or prince in their hands?

When she was younger, multiple times a day would she have people pushing to kill her. It was only until the emperor passed a decree, stating that no one was allowed to murder her, did she finally have the time to relax a little. The only way to take her position was through political means.

The moment the servant girl tried to poison her, Bai Ren knew. If not, how could she have survived until the age of 17?

Bai Ren stood up from her chair, whispering something to the servant girl as she passed by.

Immediately, the servant girl collapsed onto her knees, pressing her forehead to the ground, "...Princess Bai Ren, please spare me!"

Do you know why her title was called "The Dragon Princess"?

It was because the original founders of Yevaria were dragons that attained a human form. As the generations passed by, the purest bloodline of dragons were forced into royalty. Bai Ren was a living example of this.

She came back on her thought just a few minutes ago, My requirement for servants is not just limited to them being loyal.

It is also decided on how pure their bloodline is.