ARC 3 || 020 - He, The Golden Prince

info on what the male leads' families do

Hideaki manor: publicity/face

Kenata: information/spy

Rokuro: government/information (receives info from Kenata family)

Yasashii: military

also srry had to unpublish, i forgot to change the chapter name. previous title was "spoiling someone's plans"

-------------------------------------------------

unedited

When morning finally arrived and the sun's rays harshly glared through the curtains in his room, Yamato woke up. He opened his eyes, his mind still drowsy, but he could still hear the faint knocking on his door.

He sat up, glancing at the wooden door in curiosity. Who was knocking at his door this early?

"Akira? It's Yuna." The servant girl called from the other side of the door.

"Oh, Yuna? What's wrong?" He asked. Yuna opened the door and entered, a few steps into his room.

"I'm sorry that we weren't able to tell you yesterday, but the Yasashii Family proposed an alliance. We accepted just yesterday, but the young lord has been told this morning that we have to meet with them today."

Yuna sighed, "It wouldn't be good for the Hideaki manor's reputation if we didn't attend. After all, they are considered our allies now."

Yamato was stunned. Although he didn't hear much about the different families in The Heart Of Destiny from Mizuki, he knew for a fact that the Hideaki manor and the Yasashii Family were not on good terms.

"He accepted? I thought the Hideaki manor wasn't friendly with the Yasashii's." Yamato asked.

Yuna shook her head. "I'm not sure either. Perhaps the young lord thought he could benefit from Renata, the honor student of the academy. She's a close acquaintance of the Yasashii family. Although she is in a different kingdom as of now, she's expected to return soon." Yuna came up to Yamato, whispering, "That girl is merely nineteen years old, yet she can already lead an army into battle. It's no wonder that the Yasashii family, in charge of the military of our kingdom, had to get their hands on her."

Yamato nodded. "It makes sense."

Yuna looked around, before quickly saying, "Hurry and get dressed, Yamato. The meeting is in two hours." She quickly ushered Yamato to go look his best. After all, the young lord of their manor now considered him a part of their family. He would have to attend.

***

An innocently beautiful girl sat in a chair, her short, light blonde hair neatly brushed. When she blinked, her long eyelashes fluttered. She had a pure and simple beauty, yet the thoughts inside her mind were none of the like. One should not be fooled by the kind and gentle smile she puts on.

I insisted for Meng Shaoxing to pull some strings, maybe cause a disruption between the peace of the kingdoms, but it's been so long and nothing has changed. There are rumors, but no clears signs of a war breaking out anytime soon.

What a deceiving bastard. I agreed to working with him because we could achieve each other's goals, but he still has done nothing for me.

She angrily grit her teeth, her long fingers clenched into a fist.

How long until I can succeed? I can't wait a second longer!

Mei glanced up at the antique clock beside her. The annoying ticking sounds it made fueled her anger even more.