001 - I'm Not A Bag Of Rice!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT FROM THE FUTURE: this book was written in 2020 and rewritten in 2021. I don't write as much anymore in favor of focusing on my art. This book was one of my first novels and considering my inexperience, the quality is not great. But I hope you can enjoy it as a short read to pass the time.

BAM!

The sound of a truck crashing into a person, and the screech of halting wheels echoed across the highway.

Worried and cautious murmurs voiced their thoughts as they gathered to curiously look at the nearly lifeless body of a twenty-one year old male, with amethyst hair and matching eyes, which were already half closed, laying on the asphalt road while scarlet blood seeped through his black suit.

"What happened?!"

"You didn't see? Are you blind? He just got hit by a truck!"

"Oh my god.."

Not long after, the almost deafening sound of police sirens rang through the air, causing Yamato to scrunch his nose up and cringe, however the body did not react the same way.

It hurts. Why is it hurting? I can't move..

....

Am I dying?

Well, that's not too bad.

...

Despite Yamato's thoughts, a tear still slid down his cheek.

His vision started to blur out, and even with his dying efforts to keep his eyes open, they still closed, enveloping him in darkness.

When he dared open his eyes again, he was in a void-like space. It was never-ending, but also too small at the same time. It just seemed... empty.

He hesitantly reached into the void, but his eyes widened upon the fact that his hands were.. transparent?

Oh, I am dead.

...If death is actually like this, I don't wanna die anymore. It sucks.

He retracted his hand.

Abruptly, Yamato started choking. It felt like the oxygen was vanishing, escaping from the void he was trapped in.

"Agh!-"

Does death hate me so much, it wants me to die a second time?!

"OW!" Yamato shouted. Much unfortunately for him, a throbbing headache started forming.

Am I dying again?!

Man, I wish I actually listened to Professor Higanbana's lesson on how to do CPR, I can't breathe!

Oh.. wait. Can I even do CPR on myself?

He squeezed his eyes shut, hugging himself for a bit of comfort- even a little would be fine. Did it work well? To make it short, it didn't. In fact, it didn't at all. Yamato soon felt the ground below him drop.

He landed face first on what seemed to be grass, but still stubbornly kept his eyes closed. If he did plan to open his eyes, however, Yamato would find out that he wouldn't be able to open his eyes even if he wanted to anyway.

He couldn't move his body at all. But he could still breathe just fine. All the normal functions of a human being were still stable for him, he could tell, but it was an unknown sensation of being conscious but unable to do anything. Yamato felt a flash of helplessness in his heart.

"Sir Akira?!" The voice of a female called out, her worried tone was obvious and the rushed accompanying footsteps added onto it. A few patters of a horse's hooves followed after, then the calm footsteps of another person.

Ahhh, I'm just face first into the grass, though? I don't think they should be that panicked.

...

Oh, right.. I'm still bleeding.

This world didn't even bother to heal me before throwing me into some unknown place after death?

"Sir Akira, are you alright? Do you hear me?" The voice spoke again, and Yamato felt a hand sweaty from nervousness grip his shoulder and hurriedly shake it.

A moment of silence passed.

"SIR AKIRA IS UNCONCIOUS!!!" The person wailed, heaving themselves up, and running off to somewhere only god knows. Well, Yamato clearly didn't know.

I don't recognize that person's voice. How do they happen to know my name?.

Not long after, the calm footsteps from before was heard again. They were followed by the sound of a heavier, hastier pair.

"There, over there! I found Sir Akira here! He's bleeding! Please help him, young lord Hideaki!" The female voice pleaded.

"It's not a big deal. I'll help." A male voice muttered, almost overbearingly.

The person Yamato assumed to be Hideaki, grabbed him up by the wrist and slung him over his shoulder alike to a bag of rice!

Eh?! Hey, no, don't let some stranger pick me up! What're you doing?!

This is how people in my country treat bags of rice! I'm not a bag of rice!! (°□°)╯┻━┻

"Hey, Yuna?" Hideaki asked the person behind him, who Yamato assumed to be the servant who called this arrogant young lord to "help him".

"Yes, young lord Hideaki?" She responded.

"I don't remember anyone being named Akira around here. How do you know his name?" Hideaki coldly stated.

---

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯