ARC 2 || 010 - Blizzard Incoming

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by YiyuRu ; this entire chapter has been rewritten, not edited. it's probably one of the shortest since it combines with the next chapter

It seemed like the knocking on the front door was particularly loud, because the door to Fuyu's room opened just a few moments after the sound at the door had faded.

"I did not invite any guests, and neither am I cruel enough to send an invitation to someone at this time, inviting them to walk through such a heavy blizzard," She explained to the other two in the room as she made a B-line to the front door.

Shizuki spoke, "We did not suspect you of doing so."

"I know."

She quickly unlocked the door, and Yamato could see that she was not careless towards the person on the other side, but cautious, as she gripped a small dagger in her hand. Yamato didn't notice when the strange physician had gotten ahold of the weapon, but it wasn't like self defense was something terrible.

The door opened by a fraction, and it was soon clear to Yamato that the stranger was someone he knew.

It was that newspaper boy; his striking golden hair still glimmered even in the ocean of snow that fell.

He had a smile on his face even though he was clearly shivering from the cold, and on his chest laid an unfamiliar insignia that Yamato did not recognize. He was not from the Hideaki manor nor the Rokuro manor, but if that was so, then how did he happen to find them?

The golden haired boy bowed politely to Fuyu, speaking, "I was sent here to direct Yamato and Shizuki to Solana Academy. The king sees that if we were to wait until the 6 month mark, we would most likely be unable to find you due to the heavy snow, and unable to participate in the school year." He tapped the pin on his chest, on which an insignia was engraved on, "I am sure physician Fuyu recognizes the symbol of the academy."

Shizuki audibly let out a sound of disappointment towards the golden haired boy's words, which was only loud enough for Yamato, who sat right beside him, to hear.

Fuyu nodded in understanding towards the messenger, "The messengers sent by Solana are known to be able to traverse any place in any climate or condition, hot or cold, wounded or not." Her face remained stoic as she said, "If so, it would not be an inconvenience to you if you were to collect my herbs, am I right?" The silver haired physician directed her gaze to where her garden resided, full of medicinal herbs.

Yamato and Shizuki shared a glance, the same thought passing through their heads,

She is testing him.

The bright, golden haired boy's smile did not falter, "It's not a problem, I will get them for you." As he said that, he walked over to the garden, picking out the herbs that were still alive and fairly healthy. Once he did so, he handed them over to Fuyu, who inspected the herbs carefully, nodding in appreciation.

"What's your name, boy?"

The messenger's smile grew wider, "You can call me Xing."

"Then please lead the way, Xing." Fuyu spoke, glancing towards Shizuki and Yamato.

Instantly, Yamato understood her gaze. He quickly walked out the door alongside the others, but kept a fair distance between him and "Xing".

This "Xing", who he had seen as a newspaper boy just a couple of months ago, was already promoted into a messenger for Solana Academy?

He knew that would be impossible.

---

The next chapter is named "deal with the devil", what do you guys think will happen?? 🤔

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯