004 - A Beauty? What's That?

a/n: y'all... im rereading this book while editing and i skipped from like chapter 3 to chapter 30 smthing and i didnt recognize like half the names on there

IM THE AUTHOR LOL???

also this chapter originally had like 1.8k words but when i edited it, it somehow went up to nearly 3k 😶

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by YiyuRu

Yamato, at these words, contemplated for a bit before nodding, and followed Fuyu outside of Hideaki's office, closing the door with the back of his hand as he left.

Another three days had passed. Yamato was lying on his bed, daydreaming about what it would be like to be a cat. He would be able to sleep all day, and he wouldn't have to worry about getting a job. He was just about to doze off, but then-

BAM!

The door opened swiftly; maybe a bit too swiftly. It seemed like it was on the edge of falling off. Yuna, the servant who had been the first to see him when he entered this world, stood in the door frame with one leg raised upwards, as if she had just kicked something down. Surprisingly enough, she was holding a plate of food and water, still as ever.

Yamato immediately sat up, and stared wide-eyed at the servant.

You... why kick a door open when you could've just called another maid to help open the door?

Yuna set her foot down from the stance, nervously smiling at the male, who was staring at her with his amethyst eyes, wide-eyed from surprise. "I'm sorry, sir Akira!" She tilted her head downwards in shame.

"I just wanted to inform you that it's daytime now." She explained.

Yamato sighed, nodded, and directed his gaze towards his nightstand, silently telling her to place the food down.

Yuna shook her head, speaking with an apologetic tone. "I am sorry, sir. The young lord personally asked you to not eat today. This food is for Fuyu."

What? I didn't eat a single thing today, though.

Yamato was sure that his thought showed in his eyes, because Yuna hurriedly said, "Don't get the wrong idea, Sir Akira. The young lord asks every servant and person in the house to not eat, usually when an important person like his family comes over. Everyone aside from Fuyu, because she isn't officially staying in this manor, meaning he doesn't have any right to force her to do anything." She explained.

"Because every time they come, we have an excessively expensive and large dinner." Yuna nervously explained the customs of their manor.

Yamato narrowed his eyes. Still, I can't even drink water?! Mizuki, my dear twin sister, what were you thinking while designing this game? Ahh, what was your team thinking?!

If Yamato could take his spirit and float out of this game, he would, and he would beat Mizuki and her team to death!

Yamato sighed, tilting his head to the side. He silently asked what he was supposed to do.

Yuna took a bit of time to process what Yamato was signaling, but did speak up again, "You'll just need to get ready for the day, sir Akira. After, you must head down to the front entrance of the manor."

Yamato nodded, showing that he understood.

Yuna, seeing that she had no more business here, left the room, closing the door behind her.