ARC 2 || 013 (1/2) - Recovered Memories

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: i posted this on accident before, it was not rewritten. sorry abt that!!!

Edited by YiyuRu; not fully edited

How could I ever have a happy ending? After all the horrible things I've done, what did I do to ever deserve a happy ending? Nothing. Nothing at all.

"Why're you always so clingy? Can't you be responsible for yourself for once? You can't even protect yourself, you can't rely on me all day to protect you!" A harsh voice shouted.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better," A boy with amethyst hair sighed. "I'll go to my sister's house for a bit, I'm sorry, I'll leave you alone."

"You say that all the time! Have you ever improved? No!" The voice shouted, and a hand reached out to grip the boy's wrist.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry," The boy with amethyst hair said, again and again. How many times had he said the words "I'm sorry" to the other?

The streets were now in sight, and cars quietly drove through. The headlights were blinding, blurry from tears threatening to spill in the boy's eyes.

"We won't ever see each other again, Yamato," The older male whispered.

"Please don't..." The boy tried pulling himself away from the other male's grip, but to no avail.

"I'll help you, Yamato. You don't have to live through this pain anymore." The older male gave the younger an innocent smile, a dangerous flash coursed through his eyes. "You will be safe."

The boy, seeing this, shook with fear.

"Let me go!" The boy with amethyst hair shouted, trying once again to get away from the man. It was not like the streets were empty- several people were nearby, but were conflicted on whether to help him the distressed boy or not.

The grip on the boy's wrist tightened, and his entire vision shifted; he felt himself getting thrown, and shortly after, the pain of the hard pavement digging into his back.

The sounds of wheels screeching against the pavement echoed endlessly throughout, and everyone stared in disbelief at what had just happened, even the male who threw the boy into the traffic.

A person slowly came back to their senses. "SOMEONE, CALL THE POLICE!" They shouted.

When the amethyst haired boy had gotten hit by that car, his thoughts, for a moment, were filled with only one thing:

"Akihiro. You will pay, both in my life, and my death."

It was shortly after that Yamato finally awoke. He subconsciously touched his face, realizing that he was crying.

He hadn't cried since his transmigration.

If Yamato were to be completely honest, he did not remember much of his life before he died. The only clear memories were of anything that tied towards Mizuki, his twin sister. The nightmare that he had just now was the only thing he could remember that was not related to Mizuki.

But why, of every memory, did he have to remember this one first?

He sighed, bringing his hands up to rub his eyes so his vision would clear.

"Akihiro... I suppose that even if I have died and transmigrated, I will never forget the time that you killed me."

A day had passed.

Since it was a school day, Yamato was obliged to finally start his studies in Solana Academy along with Shizuki, Hasegawa, and Akagi.

"How was your time in Yevaria, dear?" Ruka asked Yamato while they sat in the carriage. Hideaki, Shizuki, and Hasegawa sat in the carriage behind them, so they were not present.

"It was fine," Yamato responded. He was telling the truth; it really wasn't bad. Although Fuyu was a strict teacher, Yamato was not a bad student unless he was not dedicated to learning, and while he stayed with Fuyu, he was truly interested in studying medicine. This was not the case for his previous life. Although he was a nursing major, his grades were really just average. He would never pay attention in class and would only cram in knowledge right before an exam, which led him to pass all the tests, but with only one or two points above passing score.

Ruka spoke, "I instructed a maid to go check up on you last night, since I felt that something was off. After the maid came back, she told me that you looked quite disturbed."

"Are you feeling alright?" She asked.

Yamato shook his head, "I just had an unpleasant dream. It's okay, I'm better now, so there's no need to worry about," He responded. He knew that if he didn't assure Ruka that he was fine, she would further continue the conversation.

Ruka frowned in concern, "Then, I wont bother you about it. Please do tell me if you get another bad dream." She said.

Yamato responded, "I will."

And, outside the window of the carriage, he saw the tall, looming building of the academy approaching.

---

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting. It helps a lot! ╰(*°▽°*)╯