ARC 2 || 015 - His True Identity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unedited

The school day had ended, but there were still a handful of students left inside the academy.

Yamato walked around the campus, exploring what he didn't have time to explore. Even if Yamato had tried, he wouldn't have been able to explore the entirety of the campus in a single day.

At the moment, he was not inside the building of the academy, but he was still in the land owned by it. Most of the snow left from the blizzard- which had ended by now, had long been cleaned up. Only a few piles of the white, pure blankets of snow remained in obscure areas.

Yamato's eyes were squinted, and he raised his hand above his forehead, blocking the sight of the bright sun from above. Although it was the middle of winter, the sun in this world was still as bright as ever, with barely any clouds in sight.

While Yamato was busying himself on how to successfully get the sun out of his eyes while glancing around the academy, a familiar voice sounded behind him.

"Yamato?" Shizuki said.

Yamato turned around, his eyes meeting with a handsome, taller male's sharp red eyes, his dark brown hair billowing around his neck by the cold breeze.

"Hmm?" Yamato hummed in response.

Ever since they arrived at the academy, Shizuki did not talk much, and Yamato did not have any classes with him. They both took the same course, which was medicine, but their classes were scheduled at a different time. Not only this, Yamato did not interact much with the other after arriving back at the Hideaki family's manor. This could be considered the first time in a while Yamato had properly talked to Shizuki.

Shizuki lightly smiled. "Do you want to-"

"Yamato, ah, there you are!" Another voice cut Shizuki off. Both Shizuki and Yamato turned their heads to look at the speaker.

Shizuki shot Hasegawa an angry glare.

Hasegawa waved, and halted as he approached. "Oh? You're here, too, Shizuki?" It was obvious that Hasegawa was not on friendly terms with the other male. Aside from these few words, Hasegawa did not utter a single proper "hello".

Yamato did not forget about Hasegawa cutting off Shizuki's sentence. Whether it was on accident or not, it didn't matter, "...Shizuki, before Hasegawa arrived, what were you about to say?"

Shizuki's face noticeably darkened, "Forget about it."

Yamato sighed, frowning, "Shizuki, if you want to tell me later, you can."

Shizuki slapped Yamato across the face, and Yamato's eyes widened in shock.

(i didn't edit the sentence above because i wanted to keep the comments. here's the rewritten version)

Shizuki raised his hand, slapping the shorter male across the face. His eyes widened in shock, "...Ah?" Yamato stammered out in confusion.

Actually, Shizuki didn't mean to hit Yamato, but he was overcome with embarrassment and anger from Hasegawa's indirect mocking, that he was unable to restrain his naturally aggressive temper, which had been directly inherited from his bloodline. In fact- Yamato was not at all the one he was mad at.

"Shizuki, what the hell?" Hasegawa stared in disbelief at Shizuki for a split second, before hurrying over to check on Yamato. After Hasegawa made sure that Yamato was fine, he turned his head to glare angrily at Shizuki.

"What type of person are you? What makes you think you can just slap him like that?" His previous playfulness slowly melted.

Shizuki lowered his eyes to the ground. "I'm sorry. I couldn't control myself."