ARC 3 || 022 - Plans Of War

(this chapter was posted late 2022/early 2023)

this is the last chapter that's going to be rewritten. the next chapters are all fresh 😉

semi-edited by YiyuRu

***

Yamato gripped onto the side of the wall, a drop of sweat rolled down his forehead.

"Yamato! Are you okay?" Akagi held onto his shoulder, supporting the boy who was about to collapse. "What's happening?"

Yamato's head was hurting, so badly that he could barely register what Akagi was saying, but he still understood what had happened. He had gained the memories of another person, once again.

He hissed, gritting his teeth together. The transfer of memories did not hurt while he was asleep, but did hurt when he was awake. However, Yamato was unsure if it was because he was conscious, or if it was because the contents of the memory proved that it was possible to go against the laws of this world.

"I'm... fine." He managed to say. The pain was slowly fading now, and Yamato was able to see the other person's face, which was close to his.

Yuna stood to the side, worriedly saying, "Let's quickly go inside the manor so Yamato can sit down."

Akagi agreed. He put one arm behind the boy's back and the inside of his knees, lifting him into a carry.

Yamato still felt dizzy, so he didn't protest when the other lifted him up.

"Are you alright now?" Akagi asked.

"Better."

From carrying me like a rice bag on your shoulder, to this... I guess it isn't so bad. This pampered young lord has some self improvement.

Later, Akagi lifted his hand to touch the large door at the entrance of the manor.

The large door had a fingerprint sensor designed by a professional. Akagi didn't know who had designed it, since it was completely out of line to the technology they had, but he didn't question the Yasashiis. He did not need it, anyway.

However, Yamato, who was still being carried by Akagi, turned his head and recognized the device. It was used to unlock phones, and sometimes used as an equivalent to a key for people who were rich enough to afford it. What surprised Yamato was the fact that it existed in this world, which had technology that was not as advanced as his original world.

How could it exist here?

Akagi extended a finger to touch the sensor, and then waited for a few moments. The device let out a small beeping sound, and the door of the manor directly opened.

"....What a fascinating device the Yasashii family has." Yuna commented from the side.

Akagi didn't reply, pushing open the door to enter the manor.

The design of the Yasashii family's manor was very different from the Hideaki's. Instead of a light, pure white and gray color scheme, the inside was decorated with darker colors like black, auburn, and gold.

Actually, it matched the outfits and uniforms that the Yasashii family wore, so it wasn't that surprising for Yamato.

He lifted his head, finally catching sight of a familiar tall male, who was leaning against one of the pillars in front of them. His head was lazily tilted to the side, but his back was straight and his posture... really dignified.

He wore a dark uniform with two gold medals stitched onto the lapels, and his eyes were a bright orangish-red.

Yes, this was the Marquess Kasamoto Yasashii and eldest young lord of the Yasashii family.