Chapter Two - The End

Death's Gift - Chapter Two
The End

"Harry!"  Ginny jumped and hugged him as soon as he stepped out of the fireplace.

Harry hugged her back and when he finally pulled away he revived a too hard pat on the back from Ron.

"How ya doing mate? We haven't seen you in forever."

"Yeah, sorry about that." Harry said with a forced laugh, "And sorry about having to raincheck last time, a problem came up at the Ministry that they needed me for."

"Don't worry about it Harry dear, we understand. The life of an Aruor can be quite spontaneous."

Harry smiled lopsidedly, "Yeah."

Just then the fire roared to life and Hermione stepped out, reviving a deadly glare from Ron.

"Hey..." she greeted with an awkward smile little wave. Taking a breath she approached Ron, "Can I talk to you?"

Ron stayed silent for a moment before replying, "Okay."

"Look, I'm really really really sorry about freaking out the other day. It was a lot to handle and I didn't exactly cope with it the best. I know you probably won't forgive me and you don't have to, but I was wondering if we could at least be friends again. Then, if you want, if we could possibly try our relationship again, I would really like that."

Harry watched as Ron's face become as red as a tomato and he mentally congratulated Hermione on a job well done. It was, after all, a key part of their plan to get back at the Weasleys, Harry smiled.

"We could-uh, just continue our relationship right now? That is, if you'll be my fiancé again." Ron said awkwardly.

Hermione smiled brightly and pulled Ron down for a kiss.

"Looks like someone still my thunder." Harry mumbled, barely loud enough for everyone to hear.

Hermione pulled away from Ron laughing, "Sorry about that Harry. I take it you were going to apologize to Ginny too?"

Ginny turned to Harry with hopeful eyes. Harry looked at her and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "Er- Yeah."

Ginny squealed and practically punched onto him, locking their lips together. The others started laughing.

"I take it I'm forgiven?" Harry asked once they had finally broken apart. Honestly, that kiss had been too long.

The girl in question nodded, "You just better not break up with me the next time you need some space."

Harry laughed, "No chance of that happening this time."

Hermione and Ginny went to help Mrs. Weasley make lunch while Ron and Harry started a game of chess. Arthur came home and George floo'd in from his shop. Once lunch was done everyone ate together outside. Harry remembered to make sure that nothing was dosed before he ate or drank anything and he was pleased to find that nothing had been tampered with. Apparently his and Hermione's little shows earlier had worked.

~Five Years Later~

Harry was walking along side a lake, hand in hand with Ginny. It had taken a long time to secure everything for his and Hermione's plan to expose the Weasleys in front of everyone and  it was finally time for the next step. Harry clutched the small box that laid in this right pocket, a reminder of how close the end to this horrible one-sided relationship would be. He'd also finally be setting Hermione free too. The last year she and Ron had married, but Hermione being Hermione had managed to keep all of her assets separate from Ron and even kept her last name without the red head getting suspicious or offended. Their wedding had been a simple ceremony at the Burrow and Ron and Hermione stayed there, Ron claiming it was to keep his mother company since Ginny had moved into Grimuald Place with Harry. Hermione didn't fight with him about it because she didn't want to have to buy a house for the both of them.