Chapter Five - The Grangers

Death's Gift - Chapter Five
The Grangers

Harry stared in shock as his best friend stood before him in her seven year old body.

"Y-You remember me?"

She gave him her 'did you seriously just asked that look', "I made a promise didn't I?"

Harry couldn't help himself, he hugged her, "I missed you 'Mione."

She hugged him back, "I missed you too Harry. Now," she pulled away, "Would you care to tell me why my parents said that Sirius Black was moving in today along with his son? I wasn't expecting to see you till Hogwarts."

Harry rubbed the back of his neck, "Er- it's kind of a long story-"

"Harrison? Who's at the door?" Sirius came around the corner along with Remus.

"Hermione Granger," Hermione introduced herself, "I live next door and my parents wanted me to bring you some welcome to the neighborhood cookies!"

Hermione offered them to Sirius acting like an exited seven year old instead of the thirty-two year old she actually was. Harry had to admit that her acting was pretty good.

"That's so nice," Remus said, "Sirius we should invite them over for lunch, it'll be good for Harrison to have a friend his own age next door."

"Hermione, would you mind running home and asking your parents if they'd like to join us for lunch?" Sirius asked, taking the cookies.

Hermione nodded and ran off.

Sirius turned to Harry, "She doesn't have cooties too does she?"

Harry smiled innocently, "Nope. Only Ginny and Ron." He said skipping away.

Sirius and Remus shared a look, "Since when does Ron have cooties?!"

About ten minutes later there was a ring on the doorbell and Hermione was back with her parents. Harry ran up to the door and peaked around Sirius.

"I hope you don't mind but we brought over some left over pasta." Mrs. Granger said.

Sirius smiled, "Not at all Mrs. Granger."

"Please, call me Jean, and this is my husband Dave."

Dave stuck his hand out and Sirius shook it, "Sirius, Sirius Black, and this is my Godson, Harrison."

Harry waved and even shook Dave's hand.

"Are Harrison's parents here too?" Dave asked, "If so we'd love to meet them."

"Remus is still in the kitchen, I'll go get him." Harry said and took off into the house.

Sirius stuck his hands into his pockets, seeing the confused looks on Dave and Jean's faces he explained, "His parents were killed when he was still a baby. As his godfather I took him in, me an my husband later adopting him."

Their eyes widened.

"Oh- I'm so sorry that I asked-" Dave began.