Chapter Seven - Slytherins

Death's Gift - Chapter Seven
Slytherins

The hall fell silent. First Hermione started clapping, then Neville, then the twins, and soon the whole hall had burst out in a big applause. Harry smiled and went to take a seat next to Draco.

"How does it feel to be the first Potter in Slytherin?" The blond asked.

"Honestly, I thought that I'd be wearing blue instead of green." Harry said.

"After that thing with Weasley earlier, how could you not expect to be a Slytherin?" Theo told him.

Harry shrugged, "I guess being in Slytherin had always been in the back of my mind, and I had to do something about Ron. My old 'Ron and Ginny have cooties' excuse wore out last year. I can't believe it lasted that long in the first place."

Theo laughed but quickly covered it up, Draco smirked. Harry turned to continue watching the sorting. Neville and Ron both went to Gryffindor while Blaise joined them at the Slytherin table. Before the feast Harry caught the eye of a certain Professor.

Snape was surprised when he saw the Potter boy walk into the Great Hall. The boy barely held any resemblance to his father at all, other than the round glasses and the wild, untamable mane of the Potter men. His face was almost the spitting image of Lily's, the most stunning being his big, emerald green eyes that mirrored her's. His jawline resembled that of a Black and his build being a mix of all three. Harry was much taller than he was before, since he never had the years of malnourishment he'd had before when living with the Dursleys, and already had the bit of muscle on him that came from playing quidditch. What intrigued that man most was that Harry had been sorted into Slytherin and how the boy held himself, like a pure-blood. Snape had a feeling that he didn't pick it up from Sirius seeing as the man was as far away from a Black as you could be, though he had a feeling that Harry would fit right in with the noble family.

Looking away from his potions Professor Harry could feel another set of eyes on him, and it wasn't the ever present stare that he got from Dumbledore. Harry glanced at Quill before looking over at Dumbledore, who had stood up to give his before the feast speech.

"A warm welcome to all of our first years." He began, getting a small applaud from the students, "Before we eat it is my duty to remind you all that the forbidden forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Mr. Filtch, our caretaker, has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right side is prohibited from all students who do not wish to die a most painful death."

Dumbledore locked eyes with Harry who's own widened. How had he never seen it before?! Why else would Dumbledore announce to the whole school exactly where the stone was?! He was basically screaming at him to try and find it. That's why a mere group of first years managed to get through every single protection that was set up! The whole thing had been a set up to make Harry want to go after Voldemort! Harry narrowed his eyes at Dumbledore and his fists balled. The old man immediately tried to gain access to Harry's mind which took the boy by surprise. Ever since the Voldemort incident Harry made it his mission to learn Occulmency and had achieved it a few years before his death. He'd even started learning Legilmancy and could recognize when someone tried to use it on him. Harry raised an eyebrow at his headmaster who immediately looked away, continuing his speech. Harry scoffed.

"What?" Draco asked.

"Did you know that use of Legilmacy on students by staff is against the law?"