Chapter Thirteen - A Bad Feeling

Death's Gift - Chapter Thirteen
A Bad Feeling

What seemed like far too soon the end of the year was approaching, they'd be going home in a few days. Currently, Harry sat under a tree by the Black Lake. His mind had been wandering, something still unsettled him about his meeting with Voldemort. He felt as if he'd forgotten something or left something out, but no matter how many times he replayed the two meetings in his head he couldn't figure out what it was that was giving him a bad feeling. It was the type of feeling he'd get before something happened, the type that had saved him and his friends multiple times throughout their Hogwarts years, the type of feeling he got when he knew he could trust Narsissa to tell Voldemort that he was dead, the type he got a lot more often now. Harry bit his lip. He tilted his head back against the trunk of the tree, looking up at the array of green leaves that had grown, creating a blanket over him that kept the sun from reaching his eyes. He thought about the encounters again...

Crimson eyes looked Harry up and down, eventually meeting his own.

"I know I should probably say something along the lines of 'how are you in the back of my professors head' or something like that but I gotta ask, how do you sleep? Like, does Quirll ever just roll over and squish your face into the pillows?"

Voldemort glared at him, "Do you see what you've reduced me too?"

"That doesn't answer my sleeping question-"

"How do you know about me?" Voldemort said, changing the subject.

Harry smiled...

"I want to make a deal with you."

"What kind of deal?" Voldemort asked, intrigued.

"You promise not to make any attempt on my life while I'm in school and in return, I'll give you the stone." Harry smirked, "If I don't get the stone in time and give it to you, I'll let you kill me."

"We have a deal. You have no idea how much joy it will bring me to see you die in my hands when you do not deliver the stone Harrison Potter-Black."

"Be sure to make it extra painful, I'd like to go out with a bang." Harry said cheerfully before walking out towards charms...

"Come to admit defeat Potter?" Voldemort asked with a smirk, knowing Harry had entered the room even though he couldn't see him.

Harry pulled off the cloak, "Imagine if I wasn't here, you would've looked like an idiot."

Voldemort glared at him, Quirll twisted his wand between his fingers.

"Actually, for your information, I haven't come to admit defeat. Quite the opposite actually." Harry pulled out the stone from his pocket, "I've come to claim my victory."

Voldemort's eyes widened.

"How?" He breathed.

Harry scoffed, "Unfortunately for you, I'm not dumb enough to share that information."

"You're willing interacting with your enemy, that seems pretty dumb to me. Not to mention you bet your life on this."