Chapter Twenty-One - Getting into the Order

Death's Gift - Chapter Twenty-One
Getting into the Order

Harry's eyes widened and all expression dropped from his face, his memories from his time with the Dursleys flooded back and he couldn't control himself. Harry started shaking as the times that he was beaten till he was unconscious replayed in his mind. He started hyperventilating when he remembered all the days he'd go without food. He staggered and his back hit the wall, slowly sliding down as he remembered all the scares that covered his body from where his Uncle would throw glass things at him, or beat him till he was bloody. All the years of being Dudleys punching bag came back as he pulled his hands up to his head, having a complete mental breakdown.

Remus turned around when he stared hearing Harry's breathing pick up, "Harrison?"

Sirius turned around to as Harry started to hyperventilate. The adults bolted up as the teen was visibly shaking.

"Harry?! Harrison are you alright?" Sirius asked.

Harry took a step back and slid down the wall, his breathing even faster.

"Harry!" Sirius and Remus were by his sides in a second, Remus grabbing one of the hands that and been pushed up against the side of his head.

"Albus, do you have any calming drought?!" Sirius asked immediately.

Albus shook his head, having stood up as well, "I do not, though Madam Promphry will."

Sirius and Remus steadied Harry and started to pull him up, both of them talking to him in a quiet voice, telling him it was going to be okay. They were just about to leave when Harry started to calm down, slowly taking deeper breaths and his shaking went down.

"Harry?" Sirius asked.

Harry swallowed thickly, and turned to look at his father.

"Do you think you're alright to stand on your own?" Sirius asked.

It took a bit for Harry to process the question, but once he did he gave a shaky nod. Sirius and Remus let slowly let go, but remained at his sides just in case. Once he has gotten control over himself again Harry turned towards Dumbledore.

"You-" He said, "You are not sending-" he had to take another breath, "sending me to the Dursleys."

Sirius and Remus looked at him curiously.

"How do you know their names?" Remus asked.

"We've never mentioned them, lot of filthy people they are." Sirius added.

Harry just shook his head instead of answering.

"There's no way we're sending Harrison anywhere." Sirius stated.

"We will stick with our own plan." Remus told Dumbledore.

Dumbledore sighed and made his way back over to sit down, Sirius and Remus forcing Harry to sit down in a chair between them, "Very well, though I highly advise you to rethink who you will choose as your secret keeper. I can assure you that you would be much safer if you made your secret keeper some like myself or Moody."

"Moody is already the secret keeper for Grimmuald Place." Sirius reminded him.

"And we're choosing Hermione. There's not a better person for it than her." Harry stated simply.