Chapter Twelve - Back to Hogwarts

Death's gift - Chapter Twelve
Back to Hogwarts

Harry stepped onto the platform, letting go of Sirius's arm. Anemone was curled up around his other arm, underneath the jacket Harry had put on to hide her, all of his robes were already packed away. Harry gave both Sirius and Remus hugs before spotting Blaise, boarding the train with him.

"Hey Harry, how was your Christmas?" He asked.

"Brilliant, and thank you so much for your gift by the way, how was yours?"

"Great, and you're welcome, thank you for your gift as well."

Harry smiled. He'd gotten Blaise a copy of Hogwarts's Original School Rules. They boy had asked Harry if he could borrow Harry's copy so he'd gotten him one of his own, as well as a book on advanced offensive magic. The two of them found and empty compartment and sat down after stuffing their trunks away. Harry allowed Anemone to slither out of his sleeve, taking his jacket off. Blaise raised an eyebrow.

"You're taking her to school with you?" He asked.

Harry nodded, "I couldn't just leave her at home. Sirius has a fear of snakes."

Blaise ran a hand down Anemone's scales, "You just better not get caught. Dumbledore will have a field day if he found out you brought a deadly snake with you."

Harry smirked, "What kind of Slytherin would I be if I let myself get caught?"

Blaise smirked too, "True."

*This is friend who brought Anemone to Harry.* Anemone hissed.

Harry smiled at his snake, *I know.*

Blaise started chuckling, when Harry looked over at him with an eyebrow raised he explained, "I knew you were a parselmouth."

Harry faked a look of mock surprise, "How did you ever come to find that out?"

Blaise grinned and rolled his eyes, "It wasn't a very well kept secret."

Harry smiled, "It's not really a secret. Everyone except Draco and Theo, well they probably suspect it, but everyone else that I'm close with knows. Last year I found a snake in our backyard, Kireith, and I sicked her on Ron."

Blaise started laughing, "I wish I could've seen his face."

"Oh, it was quite spectacular. You should've seen his reaction when I opened your gift. He was mortified."

Blaise shook his head, still laughing a bit, "He was there for Christmas?"

Harry nodded, "Yeah. My parents are close friends with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley so they're over a lot, like Christmas."

"What about Longbottom? You always pair up with him whenever we have classes with Gryffindors."

"Neville's my godbrother. He and I have been friends since we were kids, he's like a slightly younger brother to me."

Blaise nodded, "That's why you're friends with so many people in other houses, you grew up with all of them."

"Not exactly. I met Susan on the boats up to Hogwarts and I met Hannah through her. Anthony I only met because he and Hermione became friends."