Chapter Sixteen - Again?!

Death's Gift - Chapter Sixteen
Again?!

The next few days were almost surreal for Harry. He spent most of his time in his room, trying to think of a way to get out of this situation. He'd only joined Voldemort because he wanted to protect everyone. He still had the intentions of killing the man as soon as he could, but whenever he thought about it Voldemort would come into his mind and make his scar burn. Sometimes he would try to speak to him through their mind link but Harry would purposefully ignore him, resulting in his scar burning again. Harry really only left his room for meals, keeping his door locked. He just couldn't face Sirius or Remus, much less Hermione, he'd betrayed them all by joining Voldemort, even if he didn't have a choice in the matter. Harry leaned back in his chair, it had almost been a week since that day and he wasn't getting any better. He could hardly sleep and he was constantly shredded with guilt. If he hadn't wanted a normal school experience this time and just done away with Voldemort in the first place then none of this would be happening.

Harry sighed and got up, moving over to his window. He'd be going back to Hogwarts in a few weeks. His friends in Slytherin knew that he didn't want anything to do with Voldemort, but what they didn't know was the damn prophecy that tied Harry to him.

Neither can live while the other survives...

Harry shook his head, he hated that prophecy. He hated that everything was put onto him. He hated Dumbledore for pushing him right into the spotlight and treating him as some sort of weapon, that's how everyone viewed him. Harry closed his eyes and leaned back. Sometimes he wondered what it would feel like to just kill everyone responsible for his misery in the past, what it would feel like to torch up the house that he was always trapped in at Private Drive, to treat the Dursleys the way they had treated him, to show them what it felt like, how to would feel to yell at Dumbledore, how it would feel to get his revenge on everyone. Harry's mind wandered back to the seven years he spent working to get back at the Weasleys, how good it felt to expose them, how he enjoyed the sight of Ginny crying up at the alter, her world washed away. He thought back to how it felt to see the killing curse shoot from his wand at Ron, how he smirked when he saw the man's soul at The Half Way Point. Harry opened his eyes, why couldn't he just do that again? What was stopping him from getting his revenge on Dumbledore? What was stopping him from torching up Private Drive?

Harry's eyes widened and he cursed under his breath. It couldn't be that, could it? Wanting to be completely sure Harry quickly got dressed, grabbing a cloak and putting it on. Anemone perked up from her bed where she had dozed off.

*Where is Harry going?* She asked.

Harry paused and looked down at her, *I need to check something, do you want to come?*

Anemone nodded and Harry extender his arm for her to slither up and rap around his shoulders. She was almost four feet long at this point. Harry rushed downstairs, gaining the attention of Sirius and Remus.

"Harrison? What's going on?" Sirius asked.

"I need to go to Gringots. It's urgent." Harry told him.

Sirius gave Remus a look who appeared to be just as concerned as him.

"Let me grab a cloak and I'll take you." Sirius told him, grabbing one of his cloaks off a hook near the front door.

Remus prepared the fireplace for a floo travel, enlarging it. Sirius and Harry both grabbed a hand full of the powder and flood to Diagon Alley. As soon as they appeared on the street Sirius grabbed Harry's arm and led him to the bank as quickly as possible, there was no way to directly floo there and they were already starting to be recognized. Once they reached the marble building Sirius let go and Harry walked up to a teller, the Animagus following.