Chapter Thirty-Five - The First Night

Death's Gift - Chapter Thirty-Five
The First Night

"Come with me, I want to show you something."

Harry raised an eyebrow but followed Tom out of the room.

"Does this have anything to do with the Death Eaters that are still here?" Harry asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"No, but that reminds me."

Tom came to a stop in the hallway and turned to Harry, waving his wand as he did so. Harry halted to a stop as he felt something touch his face. He looked at Tom incredulously and reached up to touch his face, pulling away a black half-mask.

"What is this?" Harry asked, holding it up.

"A mask." Tom said, "I would assume that you would rather not reveal yourself to the other Death Eaters."

"I could just put a glamour over my scar." Harry told him.

"Your face is still very recognizable." Tom told him.

"Then I can just use a full glamour." Harry shrugged.

"Don't." Tom said, looking Harry directly in the eyes.

Harry blinked and swallowed thickly. Something about Tom's voice sent a shiver down his spine.

"Well, Bellatrix and Lucius already know that I joined you, and I doubt that any of the Inner Circle would go around talking about me if you told them not to. Besides, I'm an adult right now, no one would believe them."

Tom raised an eyebrow, "You're comfortable with them knowing?"

Harry scratched at the back of his head, "I guess?"

Tom smirked, "And who was the one who said he would never join me?"

Harry rolled his eyes, "That was years ago. It's not like that applies now."

"Yes, and I rather like this way."

Harry grinned, not even having to voice how he felt, Tom already knew he felt the same. Tom continued to walk and Harry cautiously followed him. The two continued in silence, exiting Tom's wing of the building and waking past the meeting room. They took a turn and went down a flight of stairs. Harry found himself looking all around as the wallpaper came to a stop and beautiful stone covered the walls. The came to a stop in front of a large set of Ebony doors. Tom pushed them open to reveal a large and very grand training room. Harry's eyes widened as he began to take note of the dueling floor, the targets around the room, and the dummies that no doubt had magical enchantments on them to act like actual people in a fight. Probably being able to fire stunners. Harry looked over at Tom.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" He asked.

Tom nodded, "As you spend so much of your time concealing your magic, I figured it would be good for you to have a chance to let go. There are protection wards around this room, so you can't damage it, but you can finally let your magic run wild since the attack on your muggle relatives."

"Well that explains the dueling clothes." Harry hummed, walking in and staring at the room in awe.

"You could still change if you wanted."