Chapter Nineteen- The Attack

Death's Gift - Chapter Nineteen
The Attack

Harry sat in his room, staring out of the window while stroking Hedwig's feathers, she'd just come back from hunting. Harry counted down the days in his head until the attack was due to take place, three days, this Saturday. He had to have them gone before noon when the Death Eaters would appear. Harry also had to make sure the he played this right. Tomorrow morning he would start his act, he'd be more flinchy and he had to remember to pretend to zone out at points of time. He'd make it progressively worse, then on Friday night he'd tell Remus and Sirius that they had to leave, taking their most important things with them, that he had a bad feeling about tomorrow at noon. He'd go over and get Hermione who would've likely already caught on, thanks to her quick brain, and she would gather her parents. Harry wasn't sure where they would go yet but the couldn't come back until after three, when the Death Eaters were due to leave if they hadn't already. At that time Aurors would likely still be about, obliviating muggles and repairing any damages. Harry knew that after the attack Remus and Sirius would most likely increase the wards around the house, probably even putting it under a feildus. Either that or they would move again, though Harry had a plan to fight against that if that happened.

.          .          .          .          .          .          .

The next morning Harry made his way downstairs, finding Sirius and Remus to be awake, watching the television. Harry walked over and sat down on one of the chairs.

"Morning Harry." Sirius said.

"Morning." Harry replied.

They all watched the television, some show that Harry didn't recognize, but apparently Remus and Sirius liked it, nonetheless Harry wasn't really paying attention. He was replaying what he had to do over and over in his mind. When he thought it was about  time he completely froze, his eyes locked into one place slightly adjacent from the television. Once the episode was done and a commercial came on Remus got up and stretched.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry so I'm going to make some food. Anyone want anything?"

"No thanks, I already ate." Sirius said with a smirk.

Harry was struggling not to burst out laughing as Remus's cheeks turned a light pink, the man coughed.

"Harrison?" Remus asked.

Harry didn't reply, frankly he didn't do anything.

"Harry?" Remus asked again.

Sirius got up from his seat on the couch, "Harrison, are you ok?"

When Harry didn't have any response Remus shook his should, "Cub?"

Harry jumped back to life, looking at Remus with wide eyes. Sirius let out a breath, Remus doing the same.

"What happened?" Harry asked.

"You zoned out." Remus told him, "I was asking if you wanted anything for breakfast."

Harry relaxed, "No... no I'm good."

Remus gave Sirius a concerned look before nodding and making himself some breakfast, they both knew that whenever something was bothering Harry he didn't eat.