Chapter Thrity-Four - Christmas Break Crisis

Death's Gift - Chapter Thirty-Four
Christmas Break Crisis

Harry couldn't fall asleep. He'd been staring up at the green canopy above his bed for what felt like forever. His roommates were long asleep, along with Anemone who lay on the foot of Harry's bed. She'd been keeping him company until she dozed off. Harry had thought it was cute. Sighing, Harry sat up and rested his back against the wall of plush pillows, he'd been too dazed to throw them off his bed like he usually did. He blinked and looked around, pulling open his curtains slightly so he could see outside of them. He got up and stepped carefully over towards the bathroom, closing the door gently behind him and splashing his face with some water. He seriously needed to clear his head. He hadn't been able to take him mind off what had happened with Tom since it happened, that was just before dinner and now here he was up at what was probably two am still thinking about it. What more what there to even possibly think about?!

He sighed and walked back over to his bed after drying his face, promising himself he would actually get some sleep tonight. As he climbed into bed he pulled his curtains down, rolling onto his side and closing his eyes, but once he did the image of Tom's eyes was all he could see. Harry groaned and rolled onto his back, opening his eyes to once again look at the sea of green before him. Tom kissed him, then he kissed Tom, then they kissed each other. Harry put his hands over his face. Tom was right about one thing, feeling this way about each other was never apart of any plan, ever. Though, Harry broke rules all the time right? He was braking one right now at least, he was in a relationship with his teacher. Then it dawned on him that Tom was literally his teacher. He'd never really seen the man as a teacher, just someone he was mad at, but now it dawned on him that he and Tom could be arrested. They weren't committing any crimes, that they knew of, since, technically, Harry was the same age as Tom appeared to be, he was just a thirty-eight year old stuck inside the body of a thirteen year old. Sure, Tom was technically almost seventy, but they were both immortal so age held no number. Since there was no master of Death in this time, Harry still kept the title and it's perks, obviously, but he didn't have to retrieve all the items, he just had to keep one of them, make sure no one else got all three, or else he would become mortal again.

Harry bit his lip, would he want to be immortal forever? Watch all of his friends and family die? Have to go into hiding since he didn't physically age anymore and people would start to suspect something? The only person who would remain with him was Tom, but what about Hermione? Sure, he could visit her in the underworld, but that wouldn't be the same. What about Luna? Draco? Pansy? Blaise? Theo? Neville? Could he handle them all dying while he lives forever? To watch generation after generation get swept away? To have everyone he loved and everyone who knew him gone? Harry shook his head, he didn't want to deal with that right now. He'd much rather be thinking of Tom again. Tom... Harry mentally slapped himself and shut his eyes, trying to maybe, possibly, hopefully, get some sleep.

.         .         .         .         .         .         .

When Harry woke up the next day it was to Draco shaking his shoulder.

"Harry, get up, I'm not letting you sleep till three again and have to sneak Hermione in."

Harry just groaned and rolled over to where Blaise was standing, prepared with his wand, and shined a light in his face. Harry immediately jumped up and covered his eyes.

"What the hell Blaise?!" He exclaimed.

The teen shrugged, "We figured you'd try to roll over, so we prepared."