Chapter Twenty-Eight - Reuniting

Death's Gift - Chapter Twenty-Eight
Reuniting

Harry closed his trunk, clasping it shut. He was going back to Hogwarts today, meaning that he'd have to deal with Tom teaching there for the whole school year. They still hadn't talked since Harry's birthday, it was weird. Usually they exchanged some form of words with each other every day, to not have any communication at all for an entire month, it felt weird to Harry. Though ever since his birthday Harry's mood had taken an upturn. Even though he felt a certain emptiness without his friend, Harry was much happier than he'd been in awhile.

Harry froze. He blinked, he'd- he'd just thought of Tom as a friend...

Harry sat on the edge of his bed, dragging his hands down his face, groaning. Since when did he think of Tom as a friend? Sure, he left him call him Harry but- well- he didn't have an excuse. Harry looked out his window, moving so he was leaning his shoulder on the wall, watching the still rising sun. Tom knew him better than he knew himself, the man could read him like a book. He'd opened his eyes to how the world actually was, shown him everything in a new light. All Harry had done for him was try to get on his nerves. Harry sighed, if he and Tom really were friends then he was a horrible friend, but, where they even friends? They sure acted like it, well, when they weren't cursing each other or fighting. Harry ran a hand through his hair. What would it be like, being friends with Tom? They probably wouldn't be throwing as many insults at each other as they were now. Other than that, not that much would really change would it?

Harry pushed away from the window, glancing up at the clock on his wall, 9:48. He had some time. Harry flopped, face first, onto his bed, turning over to stare at the deep green color that made up his canopy, just like the bed in his dorm. Did he consider Tom a friend? Harry thought back to the last time they were together, the attack on the Dursleys. Harry smiled slightly, knowing that his relatives were in their place in the after life, he should know, he'd been the one to sentence them to endless suffering. His slight smile became a smirk, being the Master of Death really had it's perks. Harry closed his eyes as threw himself back into his memory of the attack.

"Will you be able to apperate there? I know you haven't done it since you came back to life."

"I think so." Harry said, to be honest he didn't think he'd be able to make it there without splinting himself.

Tom sighed and stuck his hand out, "This is a one time thing." he told him...

"What are you waiting for?" Tom asked.

Harry turned around, "I- The Dursleys in this time haven't done anything to me yet, it's not like I can just go in there and yell at them for it."

Tom pinched the bridge of his nose, "We've been over this Harry, it was you who came up with the spells and plan on how to get your revenge."

"I know but-"

"Harry." Tom's vice held warning to it.

"Tom." Harry replied in the same tone.

Tom pointed his wand directly at the door of the house, "Bombarda."

Harry watched as the door was blast open by Tom's spell, hearing screams from inside. Something about hearing his relatives voiced ticked something off in his mind, all the anger and hate he felt towards them came rushing back, and it was stronger than ever. Harry shot a look at Tom before moving towards the door, aiming his wand directly at his aunt who had rushed over...

"As much as I enjoy the show the Aurors will be arriving soon."

A shiver went down Harry's spine as he realized that Tom had been watching the entire time, as well as the fact that he could feel the man's warm breath against his neck.