Neon lights

Songs for this chapter:
-Teenage mind~Tate McRae
-Wildest dream~ Taylor Swift
-Line without a hook~Rick yg Montgomery

"I feel stupid now" Tom said while still looking at the people who were walking past us. "Why? You couldn't have possibly  known" I said. Maybe I shouldn't have told him, I mean he doesn't even know me and I'm just telling him all of my private struggles. "Because I don't want to force you to tell me youre darkest secrets" Tom said trying to make it sound like a joke. "Oh don't worry my darkest secrets are far darker than what I told you" I smiled trying to sound serious. We laughed, it felt good that he didn't make such a deal out of it. We sat there sillently for a minute "How did they... you know..." he suddenly asked sillently. The question surprised me but it wasn't in a negative way, it felt safe... okay Maddie don't be weird I thought quickly. "We were on our way to the beach, and suddenly a car showed up....the drunk driver said it was an accident, easy for him but I think he didn't realise he just killed two people." I said looking at the ground. I could feel tears burning, it was hard to breathe if I thought about the car, my parents just sitting there and not anwsering anymore. "It was 4 years ago... after it happend I went living with my aunt. I know Chloe since that time, she understands me more than anyone does. I just-" but I couldn't finish my sentence because Tom began to speak. I think he saw the tear rolling down my cheek. "I didn't want to make you cry Maddie, I thought you just might feel more comfortable around me if we talked about it." he was looking at me, I didn't look at him he would see my eyes full of tears that I was trying to blink away. Now he sat closer to me, great. "I think you're lucky with friends like Chloe and Cheryl, try to celebrate that on a day like this. That you have the best friends you could ever have." "That sounds nice" I smiled.  "It's okay to cry you know" he still looked at me, I turned my head and met his eyes ,they're really blue. "I'll just wait for Chloe, once I had a hug I'll be fine." I smiled at him. He laughed at me " Why are you laughing???" I said confused. "Other people can hug too you know" He the said. What he wanted me to hug him "No...you need a diploma for that" I said trying to get out of it. "Okay that hurts" he said. I didn't mean to make him feel bad. He looked away again, okay I did hurt him. I wrapped my hands around his neck. He looked at me, I was really close to his face now. "What are you doing" he asked. "Just thought you also needed a hug" I said while looking into his eyes, God they're so blue. He started laughing "What?!"I said. "Oh are we interupting something?" I suddenly heard Cheryl and turned around. I saw the four of them coming close laughing, I realised I was still holding Tom and was really close to his face. I quickly let go of him. "Fealing funny are you?" Tom asked. Typical Draco Malfoy line I thought. "They always do" I sighted "you guys had fun?" I asked the little group that now was standing beside us. I stood up and gave Chloe a hug. It felt better "yeah we did" Daniel said while smiling at Cheryl. Okay what happened between those two. " We should move it's getting late" Rupert said. "Yeah I still wanna go in the ferris wheel" Cheryl said with her puppy eyes. " Well come on than" Chloe began her sentence "let's not wait for the grass to grow" we all laughed and stood up.

While walking the boys immidiatly started a conversation. So I started walking between Cheryl and Chloe. "Okay, I gotta know. What is going on between you and Daniel" I looked at Cheryl. "I don't know we've got a click" she said. Chloe and I looked at eachother knowing she was not telling us everything. "No shit sherlock" Chloe said "But hunny the question here is what kind of click". "I don't know, he's cute and Nice and hot and sweet....he just seems like a good friend." She decided to end her explanation because she saw our faces. "I think someone's got a crush" I said sillently to Chloe just loud  enough so Cheryl could hear it. "You don't say" Chloe said while a smirk appeared on her face. "No I don't...." we started smiling even more. " Just don't tell the boys okay??" We wanted to laugh but suddenly a hand appeared on my shoulder. It was Tom " Don't tell us what" he smiled looking for fresh information. "Thea... our thea."

"It's getting late" Cheryl said. "Let's get food" Rupert said excited. We all rolled our eyes at the excitement. "Everything is about food with you Rupert" Daniel said. We walked up to this foodtruck ordered our food. Chloe and I both got pizza, Cheryl had a salade because she is vegan. And the boys had....let's say something of everything. "You've pretty eyes Chloe...did You know that?" Rupert suddenly said.Chloe almost choked on her food as she looked at him while I had to laugh so hard I sput out my drink. I saw Tom an Daniel slap there forehead and Cheryl was giggeling while stringing her blond hair around her finger. "What?" Rupert said looking awkward.  "Nothing Rupert" Chloe said, trying to stay serious. "Thankyou". I smiled, everybody saw Rupert cleary had an eye on her. "Bloody hell" Rupert than said, "What? You think her lips are pretty too?" Tom joked. I tired not to laugh and I saw everybody had the same problem except Rupert ofcourse. "No" and he gave Tom a glare " The park is closing in 15 minutes." "Bummer" Chloe said. "Well let's get a milkshake and get to our cars" I said while looking at the food truck.

And that's exactly what we did... we got a milkshake and walked towards the exit. It was fun I hope we meet again I thought. I was talking with Daniel when we reached the exit. "I will defenitly add that in my project Daniel! Thanks for the hint!" I looked at the parking lot. We were practically the last one there accept for a few cars

"Well I guess this is where we say goodbye" Chloe said while looking at us. "Guess it is" Rupert anwserd and looked at Chloe. "Maybe wanna go on a date sometime?" He asked. I knew what she was gonna say..."Oh Rupert I'm sorry I'm just not that into you...like that" she said friendly. Luckely Rupert took it well. I saw Daniel and Cheryl walk away to the boys theire car. "Should I walk you to yours?" Tom asked me, I looked at him and then at Chloe, I didn't want to leave her in an awkward situation with Rupert. But they were laughing and talking so I decided for myself. "Yeah sure" I smiled. "I had fun" Tom said while laughing and we started walking towards the car. " Me too... thanks for not being weird about what I told you" I smiled at him. "Oh come on, you weren't being weird about us and we  are celeberties." I laughed. "I like youre laugh" he said and looked at me. I looked at him, surprised, he quickly turned away. "Sorry" he said. I smiled "it's okay"

We were at the car now and I turned towards him leaning against the car. He kind off handsome like this Okay Maddie snap out of it I thought. " So will you remmeber me?" He asked kind of shy. "This was a to never forget" I smiled at him. I heard myself in my head his eyes are pretty  my God cut the crap Maddie. He suddenly grabbed my hand and put them in the pocket of my jacket together. I met his gaze again I started to blush as he came a little closer. "Ready to go?" Chloe asked. I saw everybody was waiting for us. Our hands quickly got loose and he walked towards the boys. "Thanks for the great time boys" I said smiling at them. "Anytime" Daniel smiled.

We got in the car with Chloe driving, because she is the only one with a drivers licence. We waved at the boys while driving away. I hated the feeling in my stomach it was like I wanted to stay with them. Then Tom hinted me to look in my pocket I looked strange and did it. In there was a note with a number. I couldn't help but smile. I started waving again but this time excited. They ran with us for a while and when they were out of sight I smiled again and closed my eyes.