What now?

Songs for this chapter:
-Happier~Olivia Rodrigo
-Roots- Alice Merton

"He made it" the doctor spoke and me and my aunt let out a sigh of relieve. "Thank god he's okay" I whispered to myself. "He can leave tommorow but he'll need help at home. For bow go home yourself and get some rest. He will be fine" the doctor said and I nodded before he left us alone with the news. After that we went to my old house, it felt a bit weird being there especially under these curcomstannces but I was glad it was all going to be okay. When we got home I first called Tom and Chloe to tell them the news and then we both went to bed, I stayed with her, in the same bed. She needed it.

The next day I went to pick up uncle Jack in the hospital. Beside the fact that he just had surgery he was the same old man again. Denying the fact he was getting old and had to be careful and just wanting to have fun an joke around. "How long are you staying?" He asked me back in the car "well I have a premiere in four days so I'll be here for three" I said and he smiled being happy about seeing me. When we got home I brought him inside and told my aunt I'm going to town to look for something. I was going to look for some inspiration for my dress for the Harry Potter premiere. Because I had nothing yet! It was nice to be back in town, I saw some people from back in the days and said hi to them and went to my favourite candy store to get a little hand full of my favourite gummy candy. I turned around the corner to focused on everything around me and bumped into someone making me fall onto the ground. "Shit" I heard a guy say and I looked up not believing who's eyes I met. "You?!" I ask him "yeah well sorry. I still live here!" He said and I rolled my eyes. "Have a nice day Theo" I said and wanted to walk away again but he grabbed my wrist and made me stop. "Maddie look, I know I'm an asshole and I know what I did was wrong but can we please just have some coffee and talk about where we are nowadays?" He said to me and I shook my head but he gave me the puppy eyes. "Fine! But you've got no longer than fifteen minutes." I gave in and he smiled his charming smile.

We sat down at this cafe we always used to go as teenagers. We went here everyweek and it was full of great memories. "I love this place. It meant really much to us" he said and I scoffed. He just ruined it. "Yeah except for the end. When you stood me up all the time" I said and he shut up again. A waitress walked up to us and asked dor our orders. I looked up at her while saying "a latte with caramel siroup please" and Theo orders a cuppuchino. "So" I began not feeling like waiting around "why did you want to talk to me" I said and he sighed. "I don't know Maddie I just...want to know how you've been and tell you that I feel guilty. I was a dick to you and I see that now" he said and I rolled my eyes. "You were treating me like shit Theodore and you know it. There is one thing in this world that is unforgivable and that is beating up a girl. And guess what? You did that. Well the cheating wasn't that great either but you get my point" I said beginning to stir the hot coffee in front of me. "I get it Maddie, really. I just...I was wondering if that Felton guy is treating you better. Because we had something special and I don't think anyone could replace it that fast." He said. Oh Theo you're so pathetic. Like I'm buying this. You are the biggest asshole on the planet and you know you are. Tom is the best that ever happend to me and I will leave now if you will excuse me. "Tom is the best man in the world. And what we had was special at first but ended in a nasty way. I know that this won't" I said and he took a sip of his coffee. "I went with him to high school you know that?" He said to me and I shook my head in response. "He was awful. A really nasty guy. Always making jokes about people spreading rumours. It was mean." He said. I just couldn't believe what I heard, is yhat true? "Uhm Theo I really have to guy. My aunt probably needs me or needs to ly down. I'm sorry, thanks for the coffee though bye!" I said, rushing out of that place. It couldn't be true what Theodore just said, Tom is the sweetest guy I know. He could never...but what if he could? I had been thinking about it the whole way home and knocked on the pastelle blue door for my aunt to open. But she didn't, Tom did. I felt busted or something. Like I knew something I wasn't supposed to and maybe that was the situation but I just didn't want to believe it. He pulled me in for a kiss and my thoughts were gone for just a minute. Until he let go again and I looked back into his ocean blue eyes. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him with a small smile. "What you ain't hapoy to see me?" He asked me being fake hurt and I giggled. "That is not what I said. I'm just surprised" he smiled and I kissed him again. "Well a good surprise I hope" and I laughed before we walked in together. 

I smiled while tom shook the hands of my aunt and uncle "So you're the boy Maddie has been telling us about?" She asked him, making me blush like crazy. "Oh she has?" Tom asks while looking at me. I nudged him in his side and said "oh shut up you". A few minutes later I was helping aunt May in the kitchen and Tom was talking with uncle Peter. "okay, so what do you think?" I asked her with an hopeful face. She smiled at me and said "he seems like a great guy. You met him on set right?" she asks me and I nod. "So when's the premiere?" she asks me next and I get instantly nervous. "In four days" I say and with that my phone rang, I looked at the screen that read Chloe. "It's Chlo" I tell my aunt and pick up. "Hey girl" I said but Chloe ignored it "turn on the TV" she said out of breath "well hello to you too" I said and she sighed "Bonjour, now turn on the damn TV!" she said and I laughed "Fine!". I walked towards the living room and turned on the TV. Tom was still talking with uncle Peter and the were both looking at what I was planning to do...but I didn't know either. "so what are we watching?" I asked her, "the news on channel one" she said and I switched to the channel seeing a reporter on the square in London. "Today a body has been found in a building bordering to this square in centre of London. The body was found chopped up in pieces and put in a barrel with hydrochloric acid. The murderer probably tried to get rid of the body that way. For now.." I sighed and said "Chloe what the hell am I looking at?" "shhh! Keep watching!" she sushed me and I smiled while looking at the screen. "for now let's talk to an officer" the camera turned to a girl beside her and Chloe her bright eyes were on my screen "that meeeee!!!" she screamed and I held the phone away for a bit. "yes Chlo I can see that" I laughed at looked back at the TV. "the only thing we know right now is that the person who was done this is not afraid to use cruel methods. I recommend people to watch theirselves late at night alone on the streets. Be a little extra careful and try to always have some with you" she said and I smiled at her trying to hold back her nerves. Then the reporter asked to go back to the studio and I turned off the TV. "jeez chlo this is heavy shit" I said and she said "who cares?! I was on TV!!" she said and I laughed at her reaction. "I'm happy for you Chlo. Really, oh by the way can you ask Cher if she can take care of my outfit."  she giggled a little and said "ofcourse she can".