Maddie's Birthday

Songs for this chapter
-Stupid Love~Lady Gaga
-Our song~Niall Horan, Anne-Marie.

I slowly opend my eyes meeting the bright light from outside. I remembered what day it was quite quickly and I wasn't too happy about it. I heard a soft knock on my door and threw my pillow over my head wanting to drift off to sleep again. "Mads, are you up?" I heard Chloe ask me "No."I growled. I knew she was smiling and then she said "well breakfast is ready. Don't forget. you birthday is the only day you get to eat pie as breakfast" she said, now i sat up straight. I kind off have this obsession with pie....now I wanted to get out. But what if she had invited everybody over? I'd be emberassed. After considering for a minute I decided to get out and eat the pie. I walked into the living room being prepared for anything to happen but to my surprise I saw Cheryl painting her nails at the table and Chloe watching a documentary about a murder investigation. They both looked up when they heard me and platered smiles on their faces "well goodmorning sunshine" Cheryl said. "I'm here for the pie cher" I said acting irritated but luckily they both saw I was kidding and laughed at me. Chlo walked off to the kitchen and I sat down on the couch looking at the paused tv "it's about the zodiac killer" she said walking back in with three plates of mocca pie. Chloe has serving talent, she has worked in restaurants a lot in the past. Oh and the pie...it's the best, Chloe makes it. It has cacoa, cookie and lots of stuff in it but the best part is...the alcohol the cookies are dipped in. "I don't get it you can watch this in the moring" I said nodding at the screen she just shrugged and placed a plate on the table before sitting down next to me. "I guess you could say I'm used to it" she said and I agreed while silently eating my pie.

"Okay I'm going to go get dressed" I said while putting my empty plate in the sink. "No you're not" Chloe said from the living room so I walked back in while frowning "what do you mean?" I asked her. "Presents first" Cheryl said from behind me while holding up two gift wrapped boxes. "Girls...you shouldn't have" I said but Chlo shushed me "don't even start that. Open them." She said and I took one off the two presents and ripping off the paper. I could tell it was from Cheryl, it was a red dress with nice details of flowers and a lot off flare, at the sleeves, the skirt and the neck. "Cher I love it!" I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek "No problem. You need a popping outfit today anyway" she said and I laughed while agreeing completly. Then I opened up Chloe's present, it was smaller...well much smaller actually. It was just a little box wrapped in a paper with a really detailed design. Inside was a little white box, I opend it to reveal a golden necklace. I got it out to get a better look at it, at the back it had my initials and in the front it had a rose carved in it, my favourite flower and my mothers. "Open it" she said and then I noticed the small opening at the side. I softly opend it to reveal a picture of me and the girls and me and my parents. I felt tears sting in my eyes...but not negative tears. I was moved by what she had bought for me and I loved it. "Thank you Chloe" I sniffed and she hugged me and whispered "Anytime girl".

I had put on my dress that I had gotten from Cheryl and had the golden necklace from Chloe hanging around my neck. Placed needly on my chest. I had put on some light make-up and slightly curled my hair to give it some volume. I looked at the picture on my mirror, it was my mom's when she was younger. The photo was taken in black and white but I know she was wearing red dress because that colour looked the best on her. Her curly hair was blowing in the wind as she smiled at the person behind the camera. My dad. Her smile was so...pure and honest. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt me smile for the first time in forever on my birthday. I looked like her. I looked like my mom in the picture. She was always there for me, and now that she wasn't here anymore she had left a piece of herself in me. Her beauty. Her eyes. Her sense of humor. And her smile. I was spending these birthdays feeling sad and only thinking about the negative things. My friends have always been there to understand me and make me feel as good as possible. And these people always were around me and were here for me to celebrate this day and make me forget. Why feel sad the whole day when I can make my parents smile from up above? Make them see how happy I am with the people that love me. They're in my heart and will always look out for me. So let's get this day started.