What now?

Songs for this chapter
-Sofia~Clairo
-L*** is a bad word~Kiiara

"Morning" Chloe said from the dinner table "mmm" I groaned back. My head was pounding and the music from the radio wasn't making it any better. "How was your night?" She said while I pressed the button of the coffee machine "great" I said sounding pretty annoyed because of the headace. "How was Tom?" She said folding up the newspaper dhe was reading and walked towards the kitchen. She wasn't in uniform but she was stand by, when she got a call from her college Jasper she would be gone before you could blink."I don't know what you're talking about" I said winking at her and she rolled her eyes letting out a scoff "yeah sure, what happend between the two of you?" She said while leaing against the sink. "We almost...you know" I said facing her with my back and grabbing my coffee from the machine. "No I don't know" I heard her say just to get to me. Ih she knew how I hated it when she acted all stupid. "We almost had sex Chloe" I said warming my hands on the warm cup of coffee. "You don't say?" She smiled at me. "I don't like him that much but I know he's a good guy. So what happend?" She said and I smiled beginning to tell my story but then her phone rang "oh I'm sorry hun got to take this" she said as she lufted the phone to her ear "hey Jasper, talk to me" I smiled at her mood switch when it came to work. "Really?! Okay I'm on my way" she hang up and looked at me with an excited but concentrated look. "What did he say?" I asked her "they've got a murder and I get to assist the ditective" she said and I opend my mouth in excitement "Omg Chlo I'm so proud!!! Go on you can't be late they need you" I said and with two minutes she was gone. Oh how a person can be happy about death.

I was looking at it intensly hoping for it to give me what I want and get me out of my misery. That freaking phone was killing me, I have been waiting for a text from Tom the whole freaking day and I heard nothing. Maybe Chloe was right all along and did he just play me, no why should he? The cold electronic was just laying in front of me like it was nothing but right now it was the most important thing in the world. It could effect my life in so many ways. And then the screen lit up, without hesitation I grabbed it and clicked on speaker. "Maddie here" "hey.." shit Marcus. "Oh hey Marcus, what is it?" I asked him, trying not to sound dissapointed and sad to be reminded of this pathetic situation. Why is it always me they fall in love with? "I just wanted to check if you remmembered I was driving you again tommorow." He said, I forgot about that. "Ofcourse I still know, why wouldn't I?" "Well maybe you don't want to see me anymore?" He asked me and I was silent for a moment. I didn't want him to get his hopes up but he also was one of my best friends and I knew him for quite a while. "Look, we can do the car rides but let's take it slow okay? Not to much contact and stuff." I said biting the nail of my index finger because I was nervous. "Okay...I agree" he said and I felt a little bit of relieve. "Well ehm I expect an important phone call so I see you tommorow at 8 okay?" I said smiling at him trough the phone. "Okay see ya Mads" and he hang up, I knew he was dissapointed and stuff but I know our friendship was enough for him to put his feelings aside. He would find a wonderfull girl one day and I would be history.

It was evening and I was watching Twillight with noodles Chloe had made me before she left to see Noah. What is going on with those two... it's weird. When ever we mention Noah she looks in love but also really awkward like she did in the kitchen. I was probably just overreacting but this was going to be drama. I tried to put my phone away same as my thoughts about Tom. Forever the screen said, meaning the movie had ended as soon as I turned it off my attention went to the phone again. Why are you being so hard on yourself? Just call him stop sitting around and waiting for him. But my other thoughts said don't push it he'll think you're desperate and it will turn him off. I shook my head and grabbed my phone the screen told me the instructions

Tommie <3

Type your message...

No, texting is stupid. Should I call him or not. Call him or not, yes or no, stress or knowing where I stand? Before I knew it I pressed call. There was no way back now. "Maddie?" I heard a voice on the other side.

Tom Pov

"Hey" she replied, I should have called it was stupid to wait for her she was probably thinking I didn't want her or something. "I'm sorry" "for what?" "I should have called you" I said softly. I was standing at the kitchen table making myself dinner late because I forgot to eat. I've been thinking about her the whole day, about her eyes and her smile. I wanted to go back to yesterday night and tell Daniel to not come in, then she maybe would be here right now. "No that's okay, I'm pretty new with this too so...don't apologise" she said and I heard her eyes twinkel all the way over here. She could even make me smile trough the phone "would you like to go for coffee at tommorows break?" I asked before thinking about it. "Uhm... well my break isn't that long so, I think I must say no" she said and I felt a little sting in my stomach, she didn't want to be alone with me. "But I can go after work" she than said and I sat up straight again. She did want to go, "okay great!! Let's uhm- oh fuck" I stopped talking, I had completely forgotten. "What? What is it?" Maddie asked me, she even sounded worried. "No nothing I'm fine I just realised that it's my mothers birthday tommorow" I said dissapointed in myself. I could ask her with me but that would most definetly scare her away from me so I just thought I'd figure something out. "Oh that's okay" she said and I could hear her smile again "so another time?" I proposed but she reacted confused "oh I meant that I wouldn't see it as a problem to be your date to your mothers birthday, if there aren't to much people. And only if you're okay with it" she said nervously and I heard her chew on her nails, that meant she was feeling unsure. "I'd love you too join me, are you sure you want that?" I asked her and she said "yes" before I could change my mind. "Well than I'll pick you up at 5 tommorow, does that work for you?" I asked her "yes I'll be done at set at three, so you can pick me up at 5. I look forward to it Tom" she said with her soft voice, giving me goosebums all over my body "I do too Mads" and I hang up.