Chapter 5

Shinsou was not looking forward to going back to school.

Sure, he had people who didn't care what his quirk was, but he didn't have friends to be exact. 

And he sat behind an explosive Pomeranian who may or may not know Deku the ghost.

Yeah. Wonderful.

As he packed up his stuff, his foster mother stood by the doorway. "Have a good day, Hitoshi," she smiled. Shinsou felt his mouth twitch.

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed. Even if the neighborhood kids insulted him, he still had his foster mother. 

Aimi was a single mother whose son had just went to college. Her husband had left her ten years ago, but she still had enough love to adopt him. Shinsou wouldn't admit it to her face, but she was the nicest adoptive mother he had ever had.

She loved him, even with his quirk, and didn't put muzzles on him. 

Plus, she let him get a cat. Aimi also liked cats. 

Speaking of the cat, Arata strolled into his room then jumped on his bed, making himself comfortable. He smirked as he put on his bag and attempted to smile at his foster mother. She smiled back as he opened the front door and closed it behind him.

--------------------

As Shinsou entered the classroom, the first thing he noticed was the chill. He wasn't going crazy, since Mina shuddered, "Can anyone turn on the heat?"

Shinsou sat down in his seat. Surprisingly, it was the same amount of coldness by his seat. Shinsou thought it'd be colder.

"No," Aizawa walked in. "We aren't turning on the heat."

"Why not?" Hagakure raised her hand (or at least, Shinsou assumed that she raised her hand. The sleeves on her uniform were tilted up, so she must've been raising her hand. Right?)

"Because we aren't usually used to having to turn on the heat at this time of year. Besides, as pro heroes, you need to at least be able to withstand this temperature." 

Aizawa then began roll call. 

"Aoyama?"

"Oui, present!"

"Ashido?"

"Here, sensei!"

"Asui?"

"Kero."

"Iida?"

As Aizawa continued his roll call, Shinsou kept thinking about the ghost Deku.

After all, everyone in the area's been saved by him. 

Including Shinsou Hitoshi himself.

--------------------
Flashback

Shinsou was running. Running away, to be exact. His foster parents were abusive, tyrannical, and he didn't want anything to do with them any longer.

He stumbled over some trash in an alleyway, tripping and falling. The ground scraped his knees, but he could no longer feel the pain. His hands were desperately trying to rip the muzzle of his face, and once it did, he threw it on the ground. Standing up, he continued his run.

Shinsou didn't understand why his foster parents' gave him a strict schedule, which included when he would sleep, eat, etc. They kept calling a waste of space, so why bother?

Finally reaching the end of the alleyways, he reached the beach. 

Shinsou hadn't seen the beach in a year, but even he knew that it wasn't supposed to be clean. Because of the currents, people would usually illegally dump their trash there. They were kinda stupid. After all, how could the water lift a car and dump it here, this far onto the beach?

For a moment, he could hear music, a song he used to know a long time ago. 

It was 'Let It Go'. It was quite stupid for him to remember it for a decade, but Shinsou remembered the song before the incident, before his actual parents died from a villain attack.

The song was from the part of the movie where an ice queen decided to let go of her past. Shinsou could feel the weight on his shoulders decreased. 

He expected the song to end, but instead, someone was laughing. He turned to the direction of the noise, but no one was there.

Later, he would learn that it was a ghost, a fairly popular ghost who the locals called Deku.

Shinsou never forgot him.

--------------------
Midoriya POV

Midoriya smiled at what he did. Instead of trying to cover his prescense, he'll make it bigger, so that everyone would be affected equally. After Bakugou had shown the group chat texts to him earlier, he decided to brainstorm some ideas to cover up suspicion.

"It's so cold," Jirou complained as she gripped the sides of her arms. The class agreed with her.

"Yeah, why is it this cold? It's warmer outside!" Kaminari agreed.

Midoriya rolled his eyes. It wasn't that cold. 

It was much colder when people bullied you for having a weak quirk. It would've been much worse if he had wanted to be a hero.

Iida stood up and said, "This is good practice for when we are heroes, as we cannot control the temperature of the battle!"

"It's a good point, kero, but it's still cold," Asui said. Midoriya could see why she said that. Her movements were groggy and Asui looked like she might take a nap sooner or later. 

She was yawning way too much.

"Alright, tomorrow, we're going somewhere for rescue training," Aizawa said in his deadpan voice. Midoriya perked up.

They were going somewhere? Midoriya couldn't wait to see where.

--------------------
Bakugou POV

During lunch, Sero, Mina, Kirishima, and Kaminari walked up to him again. 

"Bro, wanna have lunch with us?" Kirishima said, jerking his head towards a table.

Bakugou grunted. He wouldn't admit it, but Deku was somewhat right. 

He wouldn't admit that out loud, so shut the fuck up.

After getting some lunch, katsudon, he went over to their table and slammed his food tray onto the table. He could feel Deku tapping once on his arm.

Tch, fine, he wouldn't do that. The katsudon almost went out of its bowl.

"So, where do you think we're going?" Mina started the conversation as she picked up her chopsticks. 

"It has to be somewhere with things like water, trees, you know, that kind of stuff," Kaminari thought. Bakugou was honestly surprised that the rip-off Pikachu could actually come up with that.

"Of course! It's going to be so manly!" What was up with this kid and manliness?

"Bakugou, what do you think?" Their heads turned towards him.

"Tch, it's going to be somewhere, alright shitty extras?" Bakugou answered. That answer seemed to be enough because then, the tape guy started going on about some sort of thing.

"Two bros chilling in a hot tub?"

"Five feet apart cuz they're not gay?"

The four then bursted into laughter. Bakugou honestly didn't know what to say. 

He could tell that Deku did, considering that the coldness in the air was shifting. After ten months, Bakugou was rather sensitive to it.

But he still would have to look up what those sentences meant at home.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++

COVID-19 be teaching us how to cosplay Sakusa from Haikyuu!!.