Chapter 17

Bakugou sneered. He wasn't going to let any shitty extras near him. 

Suddenly, the ground started to soften and they started sinking into the ground. "You can't get away if your feet are stuck!" an extra declared and Bakugou positioned his hands down so they faced the ground. 

"Hold the fuck on!" he warned them and immediately started to create explosions to launch him into the air.

The heat allowed the ground to harden up and with the amazing force of his quirk, they were able to break the ground underneath them and fly into the air.

"Hey, Shitty Hair," Bakugou yelled, even though the person he was addressing was right next to him, "what're the rules for this battle, for the rider?"

Shitty Hair tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Um, they have to have their headbands on their forehead and not below the neck, they can't touch the ground - "

"Exactly!" Bakugou excitedly said, "They can't touch the ground, so if I'm able to move around in the air and Soy Sauce gives me some tape and keeps it attached to him - "

Sero quickly created a long roll of tape and stuck it to Bakugou.

"And Raccoon Eyes makes sure that no one gets close - "

Mina grinned and raised her forearm, which already had some acid forming.

"And you fight everyone else, when we keep all our points, we'll be set for the next round."

However, like always, it wasn't that easy. Many teams were targeting them, whether Bakugou liked it or not.

"Can't we just, ya know, blind them or something?" Sero questioned, making Bakugou pause for a second.

"We could, with my quirk, but it won't last very long," Bakugou answered, "We'll use that if we need to fucking escape."

The team was able to hold on for most of the time limit, the enemy teams trying to attack them were defeated by Pinky's long-range acid and Bakugou's explosions, stunning them until they could get away.

That's when everything started to tip downhill.

----------

IcyHot was now targeting them. Bakugou was sure of it.

You had to be sure, when glaciers were being thrown your way.

Bakugou grit his teeth as he released an explosion to break the glacier that was quickly coming for them. The team could hide in one, of course, but there would only be one escape route. And if IcyHot's team decided to come through that?

They'd be stuck in a shitty situation.

It was, even though it was painful for Bakugou to admit, pretty strategic of them, to attack like this. Because they went for his team in the last five minutes, they ensured that they'd be fighting them when they were at their worst state. Not only that, but because Half'n'Half made those ginormous chunks of ice, IcyHot's team wore them out even more, as well as forcing Bakugou to create large explosions.

He swore under his breath as he saw Dunce Face activating his quirk. 

"Don't fucking use your quirk," Bakugou said and Pinky gave him a questioning look.

"Why not?"

He scoffed, "Acid is conductive, the stronger it is, the more conductive. With Dunce Face's quirk, if you try to use your quirk to shoot strong acid at them, we'll be fucking done with," he explained. Didn't they pay attention? Actually scratch that, this was Shitty Hair, Soy Sauce, and Pinky. Of course they didn't know.

Bakugou glanced at the clock. One minute left on the clock. He, Shitty Hair, Soy Sauce, and Raccoon Eyes could do this.

He put his hand on the headband that would make or break them. If it was stolen, they'd be at zero points.

Instantly eliminated.

But if he kept them safe, they'd pass, with a whooping lead as well. There was no way that Bakugou could afford them to be stolen. Not now, not ever.

Unfortunately, IcyBastard and his team disagreed with him.

That's why he was so pissed off. Couldn't they see they already had fucking second place? Just goddamn leave them alone! Of course, if it were him in this situation, he'd be furiously set on getting first place. Not just for him, but for Deku as well. 

Speaking of Deku, where the fuck was he? Bakugou hadn't 'seen' him since their fifteen minutes were up at the beginning of the second round.

"THIRTY SECONDS LEFT!" Cockatoo yelled into his mic and Bakugou immediately ordered them to go down. 

"Soy Sauce, we're using your plan!" Bakugou shouted, and the three below him ran to the closest glacier they could find. Bakugou could see IcyHot's confusion from where he was. 

Holding up his hand, he let out one of the largest explosions he had used, blinding IcyHot's team and the other teams' eyes.

"Are you ready, Shitty Hair?!"

"Yeah, Bakubro!" Shitty Hair said as he quickly turned the team around and hardened his entire body. 

They had to time this right. Bakugou had his team position themselves against a glacier, so that IcyHot couldn't rush past them or use any fast movements, unless he went to the side. But then his team would go to a different glacier. One hand was near his bandanna to protect it. That was the first priority, after all. The other hand was placed in front of him, angled down towards Shitty Hair. 

Shitty Hair wasn't that weak, Bakugou knew that. With the help of Soy Sauce's tape, Bakugou could make a quick escape. 

IcyHot spotted them. Bakugou smirked. It was time.

"We've got this," he growled as he concentrated. Everything had to be right. 

"TEN SECONDS!"

He was going to win.

"FIVE SECONDS!"

They were going to be first.

Half'n'Half Bastard reached for it and Bakugou instantly activated his quirk, flying himself out of reach. His other hand threateningly made several small explosions to protect the points and make their eyesight go wonky, temporarily.

Bakugou shot high in the air, tape still attached to his back. The other team pointed up and Glasses shouted something incoherent. IcyHot made a glacier underneath them to push them up. Bakugou stopped flying with his quirk and immediately started falling, Another, larger explosion created by the hand by his face was used as a distraction as he went past them and back onto the backs of his team.

"AND TIME'S UP! THE SECOND ROUND IS OFFICIALLY OVER!"

Bakugou grinned at the announcement. The points were safe. He did it. 

Suddenly, the world started spinning and he momentarily went black.