Chapter 16

Bakugou leaned against the wall and crossed his arms. Staring at the person in front of him, he said, "So why the fuck am I here?"

He and Todoroki were in an abandoned hallway in the stadium. Bakugou could still faintly hear the roars of the crowd and that cockatoo's announcing from where he was. 

Todoroki stared at him for a moment before saying, "This childhood friend of yours, it's that ghost, am I right?"

He must've heard it wrong, right? Of course, if that was what he said, Bakugou couldn't say, 'Huh? What did you say?'. That was like an indirect confirmation. And Bakugou didn't want to risk anything. If somehow, someone got into deep shit with another person because they knew a fucking ghost, then Deku would blame himself. Besides, even if he did say 'Yes' and IcyHot didn't believe it, he'd sound fucking stupid.

He was not fucking stupid.

"Are you fucking mad? IcyHot, you, out of all these shitty extras, should know that ghosts don't fucking exist."

"There's always a chill around you. That shouldn't be because of your quirk, after all, it relies on sweat to make explosions. But for some reason, the chill can disappear and reappear at any time. You shiver at the most random times and people around you keep saying that you talk to yourself."

"And why does that conclude that I have a fucking ghost friend?"

"Because," a shadow fell over Todoroki's eyes before he looked up, "Sero heard your entire conversation with it in the bathroom, in one of the first weeks here at UA."

Bakugou froze. No, that shouldn't be possible. He hadn't seen anyone in the hallways anywhere near him. He talked in a low enough voice so no one outside the bathroom could hear.

Outside the bathroom.

Did that mean someone was inside the bathroom that entire time? That person having to be Soy Sauce? Why couldn't it be some random extra from one of those other shitty classes?

"Even if I do say yes, it's not like anyone else would fucking believe it," Bakugou said, narrowing his eyes. 

"Bakugou?"

"Yeah, Half'n'Half?"

"What do you know about quirk marriages?"

--------------------
Midoriya POV

Midoriya couldn't believe it. The number two hero was an abusive jerk. Well, he could somewhat understand, given that his attitude was so 'fiery'. Despite that, his attitude could be compared to with Bakugou. 

But Bakugou wasn't an abusive jerk, Midoriya would doubt that he'd stoop so low. After all, even if Bakugou was rough around the edges, and even if he wanted to fight everything in sight, he'd want a fair fight. If the opponent was restrained by any way, shape, or form from fighting at their best, he'd refuse to accept the win. Bakugou was stubborn like that.

"And that's why I'll beat you with my right side only," Todoroki concluded, giving Bakugou the time to speak.

"Why the fuck are you even telling me this?" Bakugou sneered, "Aren't you afraid that I'll exploit that weakness of yours?"

"Because, I almost wanted to put you up in flames at the end of that obstacle race."

He what? Midoriya stared dumbfounded at the cool-headed Todoroki.

"What the fuck?"

"You annoyed me, especially since you were on my left side."

"Well, it's not my fucking problem that I used you to catapult myself!"

"I got second."

"So?"

"I got second."

"I know that, you dumb fucker, but why tell me now? And I didn't even see a bit of flame from that left arm of yours."

"Because," Todoroki reasoned, "you know how it's like to lose something you care about. I want you to go all-out so I can prove to my father that I am not his puppet."

Bakugou grinned, "That's the spirit, I'm looking forward to this shit."

The two competitive boys shared a spark between their eyes before they walked out of the abandoned hallway. Midoriya quickly followed Bakugou as he went to prepare for the second round.

--------------------
Bakugou POV

The two managed to get to the arena just in time. 

"Alright now! We're going to do the second round! Only the top 42 can advance to this one!" Midnight yelled as the wheel behind her spun and landed on - "The second round will be a cavalry battle!"

She then went on to explain the rules of the game. There would be a max of four people to a team and one person of the team would be the 'rider'. They'd have a headband with points written on it. The goal's to swipe as many points as you can get, but if your own headband gets stolen or damaged, you're still in the game. The teams with the most points would win.

"Everyone has different points, with the last person's headband worth five points, the second to last person being five more points more than that, all the way up to second place. The first place winner of the obstacle course's headband is worth ten million points!"

All eyes immediately went onto Bakugou as he smirked. This was more like it. 

"I'll take you all on!" he confidently declared, looking at the extras around him.

"You have ten minutes to make your team! Choose wisely, the top teams move on the the final round!"

With that said, a timer appeared on the screen. 

Bakugou looked around at the people who were quickly forming teams. A cold swipe at his back made Bakugou straighten up and turn around to see Shitty Hair going towards him.

"Hey, Bakubro!" 

"What is it, Shitty Hair?"

"Let me be on your team!"

Bakugou scoffed, "Why should I?" He was going to let him on his team anyway, it was better to work with people he knew rather than random extras. Of course, Bakugou wanted to hear what Shitty Hair said for himself.

"You need someone who can withstand those explosions, right? So that you can go all out!" Kirishima said as he hardened himself and punched his two fists together. "I'm your man when it comes to that."

Bakugou grinned. "You're in. Let's get some other people."

Kirishima paused before smiling, "Let's win this, Bakubro!"

In the end, the two managed to recruit Soy Sauce and Pinky. To be honest, Bakugou didn't know what to feel with Soy Sauce on his team, after all, he was the one to reveal Deku. But Dunce Face was already taken by IcyHot, so he took Soy Sauce before someone else did.

It was rather a surprise that they were willing to work with him, after all, with the ten million on his head, he was a major target. Now with a total of 10,000,465 points, Bakugou glanced around the arena. 

"AND THE TIMER'S AT ZERO! LET'S SEE WHO GETS INTO THE THIRD ROUND!" 

"The second round begins, now!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To be honest, I put this off to the side for a while because I didn't know what to write. But here it is, so yeah. Thanks for reading!

Edit: I see that I have forgotten to say something.

I'm doing a Q and A! Ask me anything about this fic, my other works, personal questions, or even just a hello! I'll be answering these next week!

Please comment them here so I can organize it better and so I don't answer these at the wrong time. (This is my first time doing a Q and A)

Thanks for reading and thanks for participating (if you are, that is)